Infinity Tower

Hermione felt sick. Her bully, the boy she'd hated since day one, that arrogant, self-centred, foolish, stuck up prick was to marry her, and- Hermione didn't even want to think about what had to happen next. Draco and Hermione made eye contact across the hall. He looked as sick as she did.

Draco too felt sick, and he went pale. Granger? His fiancée? That know-it-all, stuck up, pig-headed, bookworm, bossy, bushy haired girl was to be his wife, and he had to have children with her? Draco shuddered.

Slowly, they both got up and walked to the couples standing beside Headmistress McGonagall. Hermione was immediately pulled into her circle of friends and Draco waited for any of his to arrive. Hermione and Draco exchanged glances, and both made it clear that this was the last thing they wanted.

"Ronald Weasley." Ron sat down and the hat was placed on her head. "Ronald Weasley and Pansy Parkinson!" Ron paled and Pansy started to cry. They both headed to the line and didn't talk once.

"I'm so, so, so sorry, 'Mione." Harry apologised immediately. "If there's any way I can change it, I will."

"It, it's fine." Hermione stuttered. "I, I don't mind. There's, there's nothing anyone can do." She said glumly. "Ron, are you-"

"Don't talk to me." Ron barked, and turned away from her deliberately.

"Luna Lovegood!" Luna skipped up to the chair and waited patiently. The hat got placed on her head and after a few seconds, the hat called out "Luna Lovegood and Blaise Zabini!"

Blaise visibly gulped. Luna walked over to Blaise and smiled politely. "I guess you're my fiancé, let's go to stand with the others." Blaise nodded and allowed himself   to be led by Luna to the others.

Draco walked up to his friend. "Nice Fiancée." He smirked.

"Looney Lovegood." Blaise shook his head. "anyways, What'd I tell you? Told you that you'd get Granger."

"Shut up. This has to be the worst thing to happen to me ever." Draco grumbled, casting a glance in Hermione's direction. She caught his gaze and returned one with equal glumness.

The rest of the Ceremony went by in a blur and soon there was no one left to pair. Both Hermione and Draco sent eachother glares and several glum looks. It was clear to everyone around them that this was one of the most unlikely pairs ever.

"Now, I'm going to take the first group to the towers." McGonagall announced, catching the attention of the seventh-years and eighth-years. "This group consists of the Potters, the Weasleys, the Zabinis, the Notts, and the Malfoys."

Hermione felt a wave of nausea wash over her. The "Malfoys". Hermione Malfoy. She was hating every minute of her future already.

"Follow me." McGonagall said.

They followed McGonagall through the castle until they reached a large portrait of a centaur standing in a forest. The centaur had brown hair, and carried a bow.

"Everyone, this is Orion. He is just like the Fat Lady outside Gryffindor common room." McGonagall introduced. "Now, decide what your password will be. Quickly." The couples turned to eachother.

"Any ideas?" Harry asked.

"None." Ron shook his head.

"As expected." Pansy rolled her eyes.

"Shut up." He grumbled. "Anyone got any ideas yet?"

"How about prickly pears?" Blaise suggested, shrugging. They looked at him. "What? I saw them in a shop once."

"Alright." Hermione nodded. She turned to McGonagall. "We've decided our password is prickly pears."

McGonagall nodded. "The password to the top floor dormitory and common room is prickly pears."