The Headmaster's Office

Draco didn't slow down as he stormed through the halls. The few students about stumbled to get out of the angry and humiliated seventh-year's way.

Draco felt his entire body trembling. His usually pale cheeks were flushed and he felt like he was going to throw up. Draco had never felt so humiliated and embarrassed in his life. If the whole year didn't already hate him, they certainly would now. They would all think he's a blasted deatheater.

Draco heard Hermione running after him and slowed. Did he want to face her?

"Draco! Draco, stop!" Hermione called, running to try and reach him. Draco stopped. Hermione caught up to him. She stared up at his face, concerned.

His eyes were filled with tears, and his face was flushed. Hermione felt so much anger for Ron at that moment.

"Draco, are you okay? I'm so sorry!" Hermione apologised.

"No, do I sound okay to you?" Draco burst out, glaring at Hermione. "My life is over. My second chance is over. You don't get third chances, Hermione! Everyone is going to think I'm a bloody Deatheater! No one will talk to me, no one will hire me, I'll be alone for the rest of my life!"

"Draco, that's not true." Hermione tried to soothe him. "You have me, and Blaise, and Pansy."

"Yeah, I have three people, wonderful." Draco rolled his eyes sarcastically. "The teachers all want me gone, the others want me gone. My parents don't want to have anything to do with me, almost all of my friends are in Azkaban or dead, and to top everything off, I've just had Weasel label me as a Deatheater! What do you want me to say, Hermione? That I'm grateful I have three friends?"

"No- that's not what I-" Hermione sighed.

"Exactly." Draco sniffed and rubbed his eyes, wiping away the tears. He felt arms wrap around his body and he stiffened. Looking down, Hermione had wrapped her arms around him. "Hermione, what are you doing?"

"Hugging you." She replied. "You looked like you needed one."

Draco just stood for a second, before hugging back. He was hesitant at first, as if he didn't know what to do, but soon they were just standing in the hall, holding eachother.

Draco was warm, and he smelled of apples and some sort of cologne, not too strong. Hermione enjoyed it. He wasn't cold, in fact, he was quite warm. Quite comforting. She leaned against him slightly, and his arms tightened around her back.

Draco was having mixed feelings. On one hand; he didn't want to stop hugging Hermione. The bookworm was warm, and she smelled of roses, and for an unknown reason, Draco quite enjoyed this. On the other hand; he didn't want anyone to catch them. He was more worried about the damage to Hermione's reputation, than he was about his, after all, his was already down the drain. Oh well, they can't ruin your life forever, can they? Draco told himself.

Hermione slowly released Draco. "What time is it?" She asked awkwardly, trying to suppress the faint blush on her cheeks.

"Uh," Draco paused and cast a Tempus charm. "Five to five- crap! Professor will kill us if we're late! Come on!" He grabbed Hermione's hand and started to pull her towards the Headmaster's Office, jogging so fast that Hermione was forced to run.

"Sorry if we're late, Professor!" Hermione laughed as she and Draco tumbled in through the entrance to the office. They were both rather red in the face, and laughing.

"It's quite alright, Miss Granger, but this is no laughing matter," McGonagall stated with a straight face. She gestured to two unoccupied seats, Ron sat on a third. "Sit, and tell me what happened so I can decide your punishment."

"Well, you see, Professor," Draco started carefully, sliding into a seat. "Ron doesn't like me, and when we were supposed to show everyone our scars, he started yelling about how I was a Deatheater. He, he said I  deserve to be in Azkaban, Professor." Draco gulped quietly. "I'm not a Deatheater."

"Yes, I know of your predicament, Mr Malfoy." McGonagall nodded.

"But he has a dark mark!" Ron burst out.

"Be quiet, Mr Weasley, you've told your side of the story." McGonagall cleared her throat. "Miss Granger, does what Draco has said seem the truth?"

"Yes, Professor. Ronald started trying to fight Draco, and I stood up for Draco and I don't quite know what came over me, I just saw red, you see. I don't think anyone deserves to be accused and humiliated in that way, except maybe Ronald." Hermione stated, glaring at Ron.

"Alright, well, I have enough information to decide your punishments." McGonagall clasped her hands together and leaned forward. She peered at the three students. "Ronald Weasley, you will miss dinner today and sort through all of the potion ingredients, throwing out all mold covered/out of date ones. Draco Malfoy, you will be in the newly built classroom next door, stacking and re-shelving all the potions books. You too, will also miss dinner, unless you finish in time. Hermione, you are to help Mr Malfoy. Is that understood?"

"Yes Professor." They all repeated.

"Alright, good, get on with it. You have an hour before dinner." McGonagall dismissed them. Hermione looked at McGonagall, and the Professor winked at her.

Ron, Draco and Hermione stood up and left the Headmaster's Office.