paper

(Y/n) fiddled with her pencil as she struggled with math. The equations on the paper somehow made no sense to her. The end of her pen was dented in multiple places, the two sharp teeth at the corners of her mouth very familiar to the wooden object.

  A sigh escaped her pink lips, the small force of wind moving her paper. After her fourth attempt of making anything work out she gave up, her paper now stained by the pencil that had been erased too many times.

  Along the sides of her paper small doodles and notes started appearing. All kinds of stars and space ships decorated her paper, leaving a child-like appeal to the math-stencil.

  She looked up from her now ruined paper, glancing over at Alphys to see if she'd been caught doodling. To her relief Alphys only sat at her desk looking through some manga. A tired smile appeared on (Y/n)'s lips as she breathed out in relief seeing as the day was over in ten minutes.

  After sitting in oblivion for a good ten minutes the bell rang and dragged (Y/n) out of her sweet daydream. Dreams of a good life were soon taken over by the harsh reality of the red bell telling her to go home, leaving her exhausted.

  " U-uhm excuse me, (Y/n)..?" An unsure voice called out from the upper left of (Y/n)'s retreating figure. She turned her horned head toward the voice, cocking it to the side in confusion as a small reindeer had appeared in front of her.

  " Oh!" She smiled, her sharp teeth poking past her lips. " Yes..?" She gently asked. The girl, known as Noelle, played with her hands as she looked up at (Y/n), cheeks flaring in embarrassment when they locked eyes.

  " I just wanted to say that it's really nice meeting you and-and that i hope that we- that we could be friends..?" (Y/n)'s eyes lit up at the request, a happy smile plastered on her face as she vigorously nodded her head up and down.

  " Of course! What's your name sweetheart?"

  Blushing, Noelle played with the hem of her dress. " Noelle." She smiled slightly, looking up at (Y/n) with a kind of uncertainty to her.

  (Y/n) gave her a reassuring smile, reaching her hand out. " Nice to meet you Noelle. As my first friend here it would be great to shake your hand." She smiled. Noelle laughed and put her hand in (Y/n)'s bigger one.

  " First friend." Noelle laughed.

  " First friend." (Y/n) repeated.

***

  " My older brother Sans, is really lazy. I mean he doesn't do like, anything, whatsoever." (Y/n) explained to her newfound friend Noelle who had just asked about her past.

  " Ahh, that type o' guy." Noelle nodded.

  " Yeah. And Papy, as in Papyrus," (Y/n) quickly explained. " Is the biggest sweetheart on the planet, but he's also an idiot. He can't do anything either, even though he tries." Noelle laughed, her giggles echoing through the empty halls.

  " Doesn't sound too bad, could be worse. One of them could be in the hospital. Like my dad." Noelle looked away, eyes brimming with tears from the separation between the two. (Y/n)'s eyes dulled.

  " Sorry to hear. But, your dad isn't dead like mine." (Y/n) laughed dryly. Noelle panicked slightly.

  " I'm so sorry i had no idea (Y/n)! I didn't mean to complain i just miss him a lot just like you must miss your dad." Noelle quickly scrammbled together an excuse, looking at (Y/n) with those big eyes.

  " Nah it's fine, i don't really even remember my father. Much like my mother, it's been too long." (Y/n) looked out of one of the many windows, watching a bird bringing food to its babies as it landed in the nest where they all chriped for food. Noelle looked sad, an empathy running through her as she watched how strong (Y/n) really was.

  " All i can say is sorry, even though it doesn't help."

  " It kind of helps. Not much, but a little since it mean you care."

  " Trust me when i say i do."

  " I trust you. I would say indeed i am very trusting. It usually leads to my demise." Noelle cocked her head to the side, looking at the beautiful young woman standing next to her in confusion.

  " In what ways?" She asked, hopeful about betting an answer. (Y/n) shrugged, looking uncomfortable about the topic.

  " Ahh, forget about it. I shouldn't have brought it up anyway. I'll tell you another time okay?" She sighed, looking at Noelle with an apologetic smile. Noelle shook her blond locks from side to side, signaling that it was okay.

  " Your stories, your decisions." Noelle said, smiling at (Y/n)'s saddened face. (Y/n) returned the smile, her mood jumping from a sad state of mind to something slightly more positive.

  " Anywho.. What way is the librarby? And why is it spelled librarby??" She looked up toward the sky, squinting in confusion as to why a library was misspelled to "librarby".

  Noelle shrugged, a blushy laugh leaving her system. " Well first of all; it's that way," Noelle pointed down the street to the right from the school's front. (Y/n) nodded slowly, still unsure of what to do next but she didn't really care in the end either soo.. " And honestly, nobody knows. You could ask Berdly, he might know since he works there, but i have absolutely no clue."

  " Well even though i still don't know why a library is called librarby i do know what direction it is. Thank's Nellie." (Y/n) smiled. Noelle blushed a dark crimson at the nickname, not very used to the usage of them.

  " It's no problem-"

  " What are you two nerds up to?" A gravely females voice rang through the air, starling Noelle and surprising (Y/n).

  (Y/n) looked up slightly, the girl she was sitting behind in class earlier grinning at her like a maniac with her sharp yellow teeth. (Y/n) could only imagine this girl being the class bully, but she wasn't exactly scared of a fifteen year old.

  " Talking. You?" She asked, cocking her head to the side in an already annoyed manner. Susie growled, finding the other girls' commentary to be annoying, even though it was a simple answer.

  " I'm about to beat up two nerds," Susie laughed as she pushed her fist into her other hand, a loud slapping sound echoing through the school. " who's first?" She evilly laughed, a grin spreading across her face.

  Noelle looked scared, but somehow flustered. (Y/n) already knew without even asking that Noelle had fallen for Susie's bad-guy act.

  But she wasn't buying it.

  " Hey i'm good. Why don't you do somethin' else with a friend or whatever." (Y/n) casually answered. " I've got plans."

  " Then it's you first i assume, goat." (Y/n) pitifully snorted at Susie's commentary. She lifted on her dominant hand slightly, a white energy radiating off of her skin. The white energy soon moved over to Susie, lifting her up in the air. " H-HEY!! L-LET ME D-DO-DOWN!!" The bully stuttered.

  " Yeah yeah, i wasn't exactly thinking of doing anything to you." (Y/n) explained as she positioned Susie down a bit back behind her and Noelle, her dark eyes looking into Susie's.
" It's just that you were kinda in the way." She spat, letting Susie down with a 'thump' as her purple body hit the ground.

  " (Y-(Y/n)-! Wasn't that a bit too much??" Noelle asked as she looked over at Susie who was just getting up with a concerned look in her big eyes. (Y/n) looked slightly surprised, raising her brows up a bit.

  " She was literally about to punch my face in. And moving her was a bit too much..? How the fuck?" (Y/n) asked, pushing her brows together.

  " W-well i-i ju-just di-didn't w-want h-er to-to g-get hur-hurt i-is all.." Noelle blushed cherry red as she played with her dress.

  " Your crush is adorable." (Y/n) cooed, earning a surprised yet ashamed look from Noelle.

  " H-hey!! I don't like her.."

  " Whatever you say Nellie. I'll smell ya later, see you tomorrow."

  " Bye.."