It was only now that the younger girl finally recognized her flatmate's sister from a few tagged photos on Harry's Instagram, the latest one being at Gemma's graduation. The surprised look on Y/N's face instantly turned into a wide grin as she happily introduced herself.

"I've heard so much about you," said Y/N as she turned to look at Harry, who had been unusually quiet. "And your brother had a lot to say about my grilled cheese sandwiches. He said yours were much better."

"Well, I am the queen of grilled cheese sandwiches."

Harry immediately nodded. "Now Gem is here, I don't need you anymore."

Y/N gave his shoulder a playful nudge as she chuckled, and the enormous beam on his face afterward had revealed everything he'd been so desperate to hide. His mother and sister weren't the only people he loved after all.

.

.

.

It took a lot of convincing for Gemma to agree to stay with them, so the couch was now Harry's temporary bed. He didn't mind though. He'd feared that his sister and flatmate wouldn't get along, but to his surprise, they really enjoyed each other's company. So he'd hoped to spend a lot of time with both of them during Gemma's stay. But now, here he was, watching a horror movie in his living room with Niall, while the girls were going shopping together. So much for inclusiveness.

"Why didn't you tell me your hot sister came to visit?!"

Harry instantly shot Niall a glare for making that inappropriate comment. "How many times do I have to tell you not to call my sister and mum hot?"

"But they are." Niall burst out laughing, patting his best friend on the leg. "So now she's like Y/N's best friend?"

"Apparently." Harry snorted and rolled his eyes. "She's only here for a week before flying to New York and she's spent her last four days with Y/N."

Though Harry liked the idea of his two favorite girls getting to know each other, he was also afraid because Gemma already knew too much. If Y/N got wind of anything she wasn't supposed to, he would have to change his name and move to another country. Well, maybe not that bad. But he might.

When the movie finally came to the rolling credits, Y/N and Gemma arrived home, carrying a bunch of shopping bags on their arms as they walked in.

"Can't believe you're turning Y/N into a shopaholic like you," Harry said as his flatmate struggled to bring her haul inside, his sister was following right after.

"She needs a break. Living with you is hard, you know." 

Niall burst out laughing at Gemma's joke. But it was only then that she noticed him. "Oh, hey Niall, didn't see you there."

The boy's smile slipped as he watched her go to Harry's room, and this time, it was Harry who dissolved into laughter. 

"Told ya you're invisible to her," he teased Niall, receiving a middle finger as a response.

Their laughter quickly died down, when Harry's phone buzzed and a new text from Gemma popped up on the screen, leaving him perplexed. Why did she need to text him when they were in the same flat?

"Gemma! Are you seriously texting me from my room?!" He shouted. But there was no reply, so he had to unlock the screen and read the message.

Gem: I'm sorry :'(

Now he was even more confused. He didn't know for sure what she was sorry for, yet he had a feeling it had something to do with his crush for Y/N. If she had said something while they were at the mall—Shit! That should've been his first guess when Y/N stepped in and didn't say a word to him.