"You deserve all the love you've gotten," I smile. He looks up at me with gleaming eyes. I'm guessing people don't really say things like that to him very often.

"Thanks, baby."

--------------

"I have never been so full in my life," I say, throwing my cloth napkin onto the table, a metaphor for throwing the towel in. Austin just laughs at me.

"If you're gonna hang with me, you're gonna have to learn to eat a lot more than that," he jokes. I laugh with him. He cleans his plate off, making eyes at me while reaching over to finish my plate as well.

"You're crazy."

"Only for you."

I hate to admit it, but this stupid, cheesy line made my heart skip a beat. I know he was mostly joking, but it was still nice to hear a sweet nothing coming from his lips.

Austin pays for dinner, despite my pleads to at least "go halfsies," and we make our way to the car.

"Thanks for taking me out, I had a great time," I smile, turning my body to face his in the car.

"Anytime," he smiles, "but the night isn't over, yet."

I furrow my brows, confused as to what else he had planned for us. The thoughts running through my mind left me feeling excited and the tiniest bit nervous.

We pull up to a gated community, as we drive down a long, winding road. We finally reach a dead end, coming upon the largest house in the neighborhood. My eyes widen. It was huge.

"Welcome to my humble abode," he says, giving me a cheeky grin.

"So your plan for the rest of the night was taking me to your place?" I say raising an eyebrow. He chuckles.

"It's not what it looks like," he begins, raising his hands, "it's just to hang out. Being in public is annoying, so I'd rather just have a nice peaceful time with you." 

I nod in understanding, feeling slightly bad for assuming the worst, even though I told myself not to do that. He wraps his arm around my shoulder, thanking and generously tipping the driver as we walk to the front door. He unlocks it, stepping in. I'm greeted with the scent of vanilla, which I didn't expect at all. Austin takes my hand in his as he leads me to the backyard, picking up a bottle of wine and glasses on the way.

"I mainly wanted to show you this," he says, letting me step outside and take in the view. We were looking over Hollywood Hills, the lights in the night creating a beautiful sight.

"Wow," was all I could say.

He placed the wine and glasses onto a table, making his way over to the railing I was leaning my arms on and snaking his arm around my waist.

"I write out here a lot. It's my chance to be outside, but still secluded. The view isn't too bad, either," he jokes.

"Do you take all the ladies out here to woo them?"

He shakes his head, furrowing his brows. He leaves my side and sits down. I become worried that I've offended him.

"Sorry," I say. I always say something stupid.

"No, it's okay," he says, patting the spot next to him, gesturing for me to sit down.

A silence washes over us.

"I'm not, like... a player or anything. I recently got out of a serious three-year relationship. Sure, I've had my share of one night stands. Who hasn't? I would rather vibe with a girl than just sleep with her. But we're all guilty of hookups," he finishes as he turns to me.

I nod, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It's really none of my business."

"I want you to know about me. If it's going to work out between us, I would rather you genuinely like me for me, not just some perfect picture I paint."

"Well, so far, I really like the Austin Post I've gotten to know."

This makes him smile as he leans in to kiss me.

ooo finally the date

are y'all liking this story? i feel like i'm kinda... eh about it. i feel like i gave myself weird situations and i'm not writing as well as i know i can. idk. if y'all are feelin' it please let me know <3

S.x