Chapter 3 ~ Kaitlin

I hated how I cried in front of people. Especially him. I can't believe I was getting so worked up about Luke cheating on me.

"Please don't cry." He begged. That made me break. I exploded into tears and dropped my face on my hands. I cried for a while and flinched when someone touched me. I knew it was Chris. He rubbed my back. "Listen. If Blake can't appreciate how amazing you really are, he doesn't deserve to be in your life." He comforted. I kept on crying but craved to hear more of his words. They were so calming. Every time he spoke, I didn't want him to stop. Every time he touched me, my heart raced. "Maybe all you can do, is take a step back and give yourself a chance to breathe. And maybe you can finally realise how amazing you are." He lifted my chin so I met his sparkling brown eyes. "Because I know I do." I started to lean in and it seemed like he was too until after a few seconds, he pulled back sharply. "Soooooo..." He said awkwardly, spinning his chair away from me.

I knew it was too good to be true... I thought. He was too perfect and good to fall for me. I mean who would? I'm just a gross, ugly, fat and low self esteemed girl.

"So, uh- what song should we do?" I asked, putting my guitar down and hoped to pass the awkwardness. He thought about it until he finally came to a conclusion

"Um, maybe give me love?" I cocked my head. Interesting... "It's by Ed Sheeran." He said. I rolled my eyes

"I know what give me love is sung by, I'm not retarded!" I joked. He laughed. "Okay, I sung for you, sing for me now!" I ushered. He shrugged and I handed him a guitar and a pick. Without a second thought, he stared singing.

Give me love, like her.

Cos lately I've been waking up alone.

Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt

Told you I'd let them go.

And that I'll fight my corner,

Maybe tonight I'll call ya,

After my blood,

Turns into alcohol.

No, I just wanna hold ya.

Give a little time to me,

Or burn this out.

We'll play hide and seek,

To turn this around.

All I want is the taste that your lips allow.

My, my, my, my,

Give me love,

My, my, my, my

Give me love

My, my, my, my,

Give me love.

Give me love like never before,

Cos lately I've been craving more.

And it's been a while but,

I still feel the same

Told you I'd let them go

And that I'll fight my corner,

Maybe tonight I'll call ya

After my blood is drowning in alcohol.

and I just wanna hold ya.

Give a little time to me,

We'll burn this out,

We'll play hide and seek

To turn this around.

All I want is the taste that your lips allow,

My, my, my, my,

Give me love,

My, my, my, my,

Give me love,

My, my, my, my,

Give me love...

My eyes were wide open. His voice was incredible! He smiled and looked down. Goddammit! He's so cute!

"Dude, you're amazing!" I exclaimed.

"Thanks!" He said awkwardly and shuffled in his seat uncomfortably. "So, uh- should we- should we do that song?" He asked. I smiled and nodded.

I couldn't say I wasn't disappointed when he pulled away but I couldn't say I was surprised either. Anyways, within the next couple of days we got pretty close. A week later we were rehearsing on my balcony. I was sitting on the ground while he was sitting on the balcony couch. We were laughing our asses off at some pathetic joke he made.

"What... The... The hell?!?" I tried to say between hysterical laughs. We could hardly breathe. I wiped a tear from the corner my eye. I took a deep breath and stopped laughing.

"Katie," he started.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"The year eight formals coming up soon..." I raised an eyebrow

"It is, isn't it?" I said

"Uh- well, maybe we could go together... As friends." He said. I nodded.

"Well, I wasn't going to go because I didn't have a date but, I have a friend so, I guess I could." I said, trying to mask my excitement. Calm down Katie! He said as friends! I thought to myself. I'm sure it's not a big deal... ITS A BIG DEAL!! He smiled. My mum walked into the room with a bowl of grapes

"Are you going to the formal together?" She said excitedly. Chris and I exchanged looks. I could feel my cheeks getting hotter.

"Were you eavesdropping?" I asked daringly. She started whistling nervously. I slapped her leg "mum!" I said "besides, were only going as friends!" I defended.

"I know! I'm just so excited that you're wearing a dress and heels instead of your converses and beanies!!" She said and grabbed the green beanie off my head. I swatted her legs.

"Give it back!!" I yelled, almost tackling her. Chris was laughing his head off.

"Oh, fine!" She dropped it on my lap. "And get off the ground!" She yelled "anyways, I'm leaving for work in a ten minutes so Chris, you'd better get ready." She said and swiftly exited the room. The sun started to set. It looked so beautiful. We could see the buzzing city light up from my balcony. I took a seat next to him. I crossed my legs and placed the bowl in my lap. I started tossing grapes in my mouth and Chris took one in mid air and held it away from me. I lunged for it and my head landed on Chris's chest. I was laughing so hard.

"there's an entire bowl of grapes!" He said, laughing hysterically

"I know but that ones special!!" I yelled, laughing even harder. He ate it and I fake cried

"MY BABY!" I yelled. We were laughing so much, it was ridiculous. We started to calm down but I kept my head on his chest, looking toward the sunset. He started to play with my hair. The stars started to appear and we saw one shooting star. I sat up quickly

"Quick! Make a wish!" I said eagerly. He shrugged.

"I don't want to wish for anything. I'm as happy as humanly possible with my life right now." I smiled at his little comment.

"Okay, I'll make a wish." I said and put my hands in a praying position. I cleared my throat "I wish for a human sized marshmallow." I said as serious as I possibly could. He laughed. I looked him straight in the eyes and he looked into mine. Every time he looked at me like that, my heart raced but, I knew that it was only a friendly gesture. His eyes were such an inviting brown. They were like caramel and chocolate mixed together slightly and complemented each other perfectly.

"Chris? You ready?" I heard my mum call. I looked away from him and he looked away from me.

"I'll see you tomorrow! I guess." I said, smiling half heartedly. He smiled back.

"Yeah. See you then." He replied and left.

Authors note:

Hey y'all! Thanks for your lovely comments and I will hope to update soon! Love you all, xxxx