Chapter 8 ~ Kaitlin

"Chris!" I yelled clasping a palm to my chest. "You scared me!" I smile tugged at the edge of his mouth.

"I need to talk to you." He said simply. I sighed and crossed my legs.

"What is it?" I asked, not making eye contact with him. To be completely honest, I hope that I would wake up one day and forget I ever knew him. He shifted uncomfortably. "Everything okay?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Come with me." He stood up effortlessly but I wasn't used to wearing dresses so I didn't want to... You know... Flash anyone. He offered his hand. I disregarded it but he still held it out. I looked at him. He looked deadly serious. I slipped my hand carefully into his and I felt this warm feeling course through me. I hated that. He helped me up with no difficulty. I released my hand but he didn't release his. What?!? I thought it would be better if I held his hand. I grasped it again and I followed after him without any notice at all.

He led me through this greenery thing that must of hid something. When I stepped Ito the little cave thing, I was awestruck. There was a white hanging wooden seat that seemed to be hanging off a tree on an island of green grass, surrounded by an oval of water that seemed to have koi carp swimming in it. There were little stepping stones connecting us to the island. I went first, hopping across the big stones. I plopped down onto the chair, swinging it a little. He sat down next to me. The area was moonlit, making his eyes look silver.

"I need to explain." He said. I sighed

"We already went over this! I'm happy with you dating Haley-" he cut me off

"I don't want to date Haley." He said firmly but, not aggressively.

"Huh?" I asked. I hated watching that kiss. And with that, the memory conveniently replayed in my head. His hands around her waist. Their lips seemed glued together. It sent a shiver down my spine.

"I want to date you. And I always have. This stuff from izzy..." His eyes became distant for a moment but, he snapped out of it. "It was just a stupid thing." A tear rolled down his cheek. I raised my hand to his face but it just lingered there. What am I doing? He's gonna feel weird... Oh whatever. I have nothing to lose. My fingers brush the tear off his smooth skin and I dropped my hand back down in my lap.

"I know but, I don't feel like I want to forgive you." I said. He didn't break eye contact. He touched his hand to my left bicep. Every time he touched me, I felt like I was getting electrocuted with power. It didn't feel painful. It felt good. And with that, he brought his other hand to the back of my neck and kissed me. My eyes were wide open from the surprise and I was tense. But, when the touch of his lips against mine settled in, I relaxed. I closed my eyes and my lips parted. My fingertips traced his jawline gently. It felt like there were fireworks going off in my stomach. He pulled away.

"Do you forgive me now?" He asked. I grinned.

"Maybe..."

He kissed me again. He pulled away and looked at me expectantly. "Definitely" I confirmed. I kissed him again and I ran my left fingers through his hair. I was smiling into the kiss and I don't know how to explain it anymore. It was like my gut was tied in a knot. My brain didn't work properly. It was only my heartbeat pulsing everywhere and his touch that I could feel. How to explain it... I didn't know.

Authors note: OHHHHH! FINALLY! You guys are welcome! I'm not sure if I should continue this story though... Oh well, I won't make that decision without you guys. Xxx