Chapter one ~ Kaitlin

I was just walking out of class with my friends Poppy and Ainsley. Ainsley was a tomboy with short brown hair, green eyes and olive skin. She was very pretty without trying. As for Poppy, she was absolutely stunning while trying. She has long blonde hair, stormy grey eyes, a skinny figure, tan skin and a bubbly personality. She always looked her absolute best. As for me, I wasn't pretty. I had very pale skin, straight raven hair, pure blue eyes and I wasn't skinny at all. We went to a rich school where we could wear casual clothes everyday. Today I wore denim skinny jeans, a white dress shirt with a black belt, black flats, a silver chain necklace and some plain silver bangles. My raven hair was out and my sunnies kept it out of my face by sitting on my head. Poppy was wearing a pink skater dress with a black belt, black heels, silver dangly earrings and a simple black pendant. Ainsley was wearing some muddy converse, jeans, a footy shirt and some necklace she never took off.

"Katie, do you need us to come with you to you locker?" Ainsley asked. I shook my head

"Nah, you two go ahead, I'll be fine." I said. And with that they took off with a single blow of a kiss. I turned the corner to my locker to find horror. My boyfriend, Luke was making out with a girl that has been giving me a hard time for the past few years. Haley. My face went red with anger and I stormed around the corner and out to the carpark, only to smash into someone. My books scattered everywhere as I ripped my jeans open and cut my knee. I hissed in pain. A boy was on the ground beside me. He got up almost immediately and loomed over me.

"Are you okay?" He asked while picking me up and putting me on my feet. Jeez, he's strong!

"Yeah, I'm okay." I smiled. He smiled back before someone pushed him.

"Get away from my girlfriend, creep!" Luke spoke. The boys eyes narrowed at him but, Luke completely disregarded him. "You okay, babe?" He asked while attempting to place a hand on my shoulder. I slapped him away

"You are so full of bullshit!" I spat. He looked confused

"What are you talking about?" He asked. I death stared him

"You know! You were playing tongue tag with Haley behind the science labs!" I said. I was absolutely fuming. He looked shocked but, a small smile soon played on his lips.

"What?" He said, raising his hands "it's not my fault you two are so hot." He said, attempting to seduce me. But, he disgusted me. My rage took over me and I punched him as hard as I could in the mouth. He stumbled back in pain

"Oh my god!" The boy yelled, cupping his hands to his mouth. I turned to him. I suddenly felt at ease seeing his face. He had short dark chocolate hair that swished down the left side of his head. He had warm brown eyes, a muscular build and olive skin. He was the most gorgeous human being I've ever seen in my life. I shook that thought off.

"Uh, who are you?" I asked. He kept on staring at Luke trying to stop his lip from bleeding.

"Chris Lanzon. I just moved here. Who are you?" He asked

"Kaitlin but, call me Katie" I said. He kept on staring.

"Is he okay?" He asked as he turned to me

"Yeah, just a world class tool." I replied. Luke looked at me in rage

"Fine, haley's hotter than you anyway! Hotter, skinnier, prettier and better in every way!" He yelled and stormed off. I rolled my eyes then met Chris's

"I'm sure she's not..." He said as he scuffed the bottom of his black converse against the concrete. I laughed.

"no need to comfort me, I know what I am, another low self esteem ugly twit who needs to eat less but, whatever, it's who I am." I said.

"But-" I cut him off.

"Anyways, I should be heading home. Nice to meet you Chris and sorry it wasn't in either of our favours. See you tomorrow!" I said as I turned on my heel and ran. Tears started dripping down my face and I quickly rubbed them off. I didn't want to talk to anyone right now.

Authors note;

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT PUTTING ANY CHRIS AND KAITLIN MOMENTS IN... Actually... Not really. But seriously, it was just a summary on who's who... Thx Mannnn 😘