Chapter 57-1. Truth Bites, Rawr!

Basang-basa ang leather jacket at pantalon ni Enzo habang siya ay papalabas ng elevator sa may 11th floor ng Manila hotel. May dala-dala pa nga itong take-out bag mula sa Bon Chon. He grabbed the keys in his pocket and opened the door. Dire-diretso siyang pumasok sa kuwarto. He was obviously familiar with the place. He placed the food on the kitchen table and started to prepare the plates for dinner. The fresh smell of fries caught his attention so he grabbed a few and started munching on it.

“Lee!” He then called, licking his fingers clean. “Lee! Wanna eat?” His hair was a bit damp, buti na nga lang nakuha pa niyang mag-suot ng helmet habang nagmamaneho nung motor niya. Kasagsagan ba naman ng bagyo eh nakuha pang mag-motorsiklo ng loko. Di-diretso na sana siyang umuwi kaso lang mas malapit para sa kanya ang hotel na ‘to kaya dito na niya naisipang tumuloy. 

Lianne Rose Curtis then emerged in the kitchen all dressed up for the storm outside. She was wearing a fashionable water-proof boots that she wears for spring season, fitted jeans and a comfortable peach sweater. She was still combing her hair as she approached Enzo. “Wow, thanks!” She smiled upon seeing the food on her table. “Glad you remembered me.” 

Tumango lang si Enzo at nag-simula nang kumain. ‘Yung totoo gutom lang talaga siya at ayaw niyang umorder ng pagkain mula sa hotel at nagkataon na pang-limang tao ‘yung binili niya sa Bon Chon. Kagagaling lang din niyan sa gmik at dahil puro alak at inom lang ang inatupag niya ayan gutom na gutom tuloy siya.

Enzo frowned suspiciously at Lianne, noticing her get-up for the first time. Maganda naman talaga si Lianne no questions asked. But to all the girls out there, she’s an exception to Enzo’s malicious schemes. “You’re going out tonight?”

“Oh,” She bit her lip. “Well, I’m thinking I should drop by at Sef’s…”

Enzo shook his head with much amusement. “Well, good luck with that.” He scoffed, while he continued to enjoy the food he actually bought for himself. “Bumabagyo but you’re still thinking about seeing him. Unbelievable.”

Lianne pouted at him coz’ she knew he was mocking her. “I don’t care. That won’t stop me from seeing him. Besides, I need to give him a good slap. I know he’s been avoiding me.”

“Tss.” Napangisi si Enzo at tumayo. “Alam mo naman pala eh.”

Lianne gazed sharply at Enzo. “There’s something you’re not telling me…”

“First of… It’s not for me to say.” Enzo went towards the fridge and took a can of beer. “Miggy boy should be the one to tell you. Not me. Not anybody.” Bumalik ulit ito sa harapan ng pagkain niya.

Lianne suddenly looked sad and glumly took a seat beside Enzo. “You’re such a pooper.” She grabbed Enzo’s beer and drank it.

Itong dalawang ‘to ay magkaibigan. Walang more than friends or was there any vagueness in their relationship. They’re friends and that’s very clear between the two of them. For some reason, Enzo’s immune to Lianne’s charm and the same thing goes for her. She is the only girl who can sleep beside him without malice. She can walk in the room bare naked and he wouldn’t dare lay a finger on her. Ganun ang relasyon ng dalawang ‘to.