"I'm sorry," is all I could manage to say before I was cut off again by Bradley.

"You're not sorry. Now get the fuck out of my room!" Instead of leaving as a normal person would, I froze. Damnit Cami, you always freeze, I shamed myself in my mind.

"Wait, Bradley," I said, feeling much more sober than I did 5 minutes ago. "Why are you so mad?" I asked, but immediately regretted speaking at all. His face contorts in anger, but instead of waiting for his response, I unlocked and opened the door, sprinting towards the staircase.

When I got to the top of the stairs, I heard the door to the room I just left slam, an angered Bradley coming towards me. In fear, I sprinted down the stairs, almost tripping once or twice, in a mission to find Morgan. I'm instead greeted by Noah when I turned the corner into the living room.

"Wooah, what's wrong Cami?" he asked me, but there was no way I can explain to him what just happened.

"I need to find Morgan. Where is she? Have you seen her?" I responded frantically, out of breath from sprinting.

"I'm almost positive I saw her go outside. Please text me and let me know if you're okay, Cami," Noah said back to me, and I can tell how worried he is for my safety. I've only known him for 2 days, how does he care for me so much? And why did I ever want to ditch him for Bradley?

Instead of answering, I gave him a fast nod and smile, trying to make it look as genuine as possible. I turned towards the door to the patio and sprinted to it. Just as I opened the door, I see Morgan sitting by the fire in Dylan's, her boyfriend, lap.

"Morgan, we need to go. I'll explain to you in the car," I said once I approached her. Being the sweet friend she is, she immediately got up from where she was sitting, whispering 'I'll text you' to her boyfriend and following me to the car.

"What the fuck happened to you Cami?" Morgan asked me once we climbed into her car, her voice filled with panic and a bit of anger.

"Ok, please don't get mad when I tell you this," I started as she pulled out of the driveway, going slowly in an attempt to not hit any of the cars parked all over the street. "So after we played beer pong, I went inside and ran into Bradley. I was so drunk and told him I wanted to go upstairs.."

I paused due to the reaction on Morgan's face. She doesn't look very mad, just disappointed and scared for what I'm about to say. Luckily, she didn't have anything to drink, so I know I have her full attention and honest opinion.

"We starting making out, but right when he stuck his fucking hand in my pants, I freaked out and pushed him away. Then he pushed me against the wall even harder, to the point where I couldn't breath. I got away by kneeing him in the dick, but I was so scared Morgan," I explained to her, tears filling my eyes. Morgan's facial expression went from mad, at me, I'm assuming, for not listening to her, to worried.

"Oh my god, Cami! Are you okay?" she asked me, and I nodded in response, but it was obvious that I was lying due to the tears streaming down my cheeks. She then pulled into the driveway of an unfamiliar house, which I assumed was hers. She got out of the car as fast as she could, coming over to my door to comfort me. I stepped out of the car, hugging Morgan tightly, feeling safe in her arms. After a long minute Morgan just of hugging and comforting me, she released me, grabbing my hand and pulling me into her house through the front door. I followed her up the staircase and into her room in silence, holding back my tears as much as possible so I could let it all out when we got to her room.

When she closes the door, I sat down on her bed and break down. Tears shot out of my eyes at a rapid pace and I was soon unable to breathe. Morgan sat beside me, and I rested my head on her shoulder as I let all my feelings spill out of me at once. I sobbed for about 5 minutes, Morgan rubbing my shoulder but not saying a word to me, which I appreciated. Sometimes you just need to let it out, and I was glad I had someone here to comfort me for once.

Once the tears slowed and I was able to catch my breath, I sat up and looked at Morgan, her face full of sympathy.

"I'm sorry for not listening to you, Morgan," I admitted, sniffling my nose and wiping some of the mascara off of my dampened cheeks.

"It's okay, Cami. I'm just so glad you're okay. I promise to not let anything like that happen to you again," she responded with a warm, genuine smile, and I returned it, sniffling again.

"It wasn't your fault. I'm such an idiot, why would I want to sleep with Bradley when Noah has been so sweet to me all night?" I laughed, trying to lighten the mood and forget about what happened.

"I can tell Noah really likes you. As he should, you're amazing," she said with a smile as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder again. "So, I was thinking you could text your parents and tell them you're spending the night here."

I nodded in response, pulling out my phone to text my mother and Leo. I noticed that it was nearly 10:30, and my stomach was growling due to my lack of food and high amount of alcohol consumed tonight.

"Could we go downstairs and grab some snacks? I need to get some food in me," I asked, and Morgan nodded, getting up from her bed and leading me downstairs to her giant kitchen. We grabbed a few bags of chips, a pack of oreos, and a tub of cookie dough ice cream, then made our way back upstairs.

"Are you sure your mom's fine with me staying here?" I asked Morgan, hoping to avoid an embarrassing situation in the morning. I've only ever spent the night at a friend's house twice, and that was in middle school, so I completely forgot what it's even like.

"She's not home, but even if she was, it'd be fine. Stop worrying so much!" she laughed and I could tell she was doing her best to get my mind off the party, and it's been working.

We watched a few episodes of The Office before Morgan fell asleep. As I was laying next to her, my new best friend, I realized how grateful I was that we moved to this town. I was miserable at my old school, but now, despite what happened tonight, I'll finally be happy.

a.n. hey guys. i have midterms next week so i most likely won't have time to write, so i'm sorry if i don't update for about two weeks. please please please vote and comment your thoughts! x

The ListOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara