Chapter 69: The Lovely Suicide Children

"Well, then I'll have to leave," I shrugged. "This sucks. All of this." I could feel the anger flowing through my veins almost like veins. The feeling of confidence and failing mixed into my thoughts wasn't a good mixture. It didn't affect me at that second cause I knew now at that moment I had to do whatever it took. The cat was out of the bag and my mother was probably after me by now.

"Yeah, we should do this now," Emmitt agreed then ordered me to sit down. I did as I was told. "I saw someone like yourself do this. Leave and what not, but I don't know if it'll work right. Do you know where your body is?"

"Um," I shook my head. "I must be in the hospital if I'm in a coma."

"Think about it then," Emmitt said. "you have to think about the precise place of your body or you'll end up as a spirit back on Earth until you find your body and if you don't in time, you're stuck."

"Almost like an out of body experience," Sunny added. "Get back to it."

"Okay," I said nervously. 

Robert sat next to me. "Close your eyes," he said while holding my hand. "Focus on descending back to the same place your body is. Keep thinking about it. Don't open-"

I opened my eyes and thrust my arms around his neck. "What if I can't do this?" 

Before he could say anything, Sunny pointed to the window. "You're going to have to!" She said. 

I looked where she was looking. We all did. Frozen children stood in horror as they took a glimpse at her. My mother wasn't in her normal appearance. She stood big and tall as she seemed to be looking straight in our direction. Her body drafted in our direction but she didn't walk. She was floating towards us in a beeline.

"Focus," Robert said calmly. He put his hand on mine as I did my best to focus on my own body. I tried to ignore the shaking getting closer, and closer, and closer...

The last thing I remembered was my name being called out in a low whisper. Darkness-my best friend covered me once more. This time, I didn't feel like I was floating. I felt something heavy on me almost like sleep paralysis. I tried to move, to talk, to say something but I couldn't.

"Look."

I heard someone say something. Slowly but surely I felt my body loosening up and the pressure being freed...and before I knew it, I saw someone. A nurse or doctor staring at one of the monitors over my head.

"Oh my God," she said, covering her mouth.

I blinked a few times, moved my hands a bit, just to see if I had full control of my body. I did. I could feel my own body again. Though it felt strange, almost like I was a rusty tin can, I still had some control.

"Just stay put. I'll call your father," she said. 

The doctor nearly ran out of the room. I looked at all the tubes on and around me. There was no time to lose. I tried to attach something but my arm and head bulged. I realized I had stitches on my arm and felt a huge knot on my head. I was in horrible shape, almost unable to even think about running out of here. I laid my head back down, already feeling defeated.

"Oh my God!" Rose ran inside, trying desperately to catch her breath. Her eyes welled up with tears. "I thought I was going to lose you." She inched closer, afraid to touch me as if I was as fragile as a feather. It felt like it.

I tried to talk, but no words came out right away. "I don't...I don't know what to say."

"I don't either. You've been in a coma for 20 days, Olivia."

"Wow," I said. That's all I could see. Every moment passing felt so unreal. I was back.

"How do you feel?"

"I don't know," I told her.

Her eyes drifted towards my wrist. "Do you remember what happened? Anything?"

I slightly nodded. "I do."

"How could you?" She began crying again, this time trying her best not to be excessive about it. I knew she was mad at me. I could see it in her eyes.

"I don't know what to say," I told her again, realizing I was doing well with first impressions after seeing her again.

She nodded her head while looking away, crossing her arms in an almost annoyed manner. She finally looked back at me. "Your father came every day," she told me then looked at the door. "said something was bothering him." She paused and locked eyes with mine. "Where did you go?"

"Would you believe me if I told you?"

"Of course."

"To...The Lovely Suicide Children."