Chapter 25: Inside of Me

Later on that night, I found myself sneaking into Amber's room. Her room was freezing, and I felt the sharp pieces of bone on my bare feet. I tapped her while she was asleep. "Pst," I whispered. 

Amber jolted up. "Sunny?!" She then faced me, realizing who I was. "Olivia? Why are you in here?"

I took a deep breath. "I need you for something."

"Yeah, for what?" She said quickly.

"I need you to come to school with me," I said. "Please."

Amber got up to turn on the light. I squinted from its brightness. "Why would I go to school with you? Does this have to do anything with Sunny?"

I looked at her then looked away. "Shayla made me the school clown."

Amber shook her head and began laughing. She grabbed some of her crushed bone powder and walked towards the window while sprinkling it on the ground and around her. "You're nuts if you think getting back at Shayla is going to make you happy," she looked out of the window.

"She deserves what's coming to her."

"Nothing is coming to her, Olivia," Amber frowned. "Now get out of my room!"

I stood up and headed back towards the door. Amber shut it for me then turned off the light. I was about to go back into my room, but the light turned on in the hallway. Seeing Sunny gliding off of the ground made my insides swirl, and I almost screamed. She floated towards me then landed. 

"She isn't going to let you take her to school," she said.

"I see."

"You're going to have to force her out," Sunny said then walked into my room. 

"I can't believe she doesn't want to help me," I said, softly closing the door.

Sunny swung her legs while sitting on my bed. "Get her outside of the house, without the bones and without your father seeing you."

I shook my head, knowing that wouldn't work. Dad wouldn't have it and how else would I have gotten to school? "This will never work," I admitted. 

"There's another way," Sunny whispered.

"What?"

She paused and stared at me for a long second. "Let me use your body."

"What!"

"Olivia," she raised a hand. "It would work so well. No one would even see me. I could disappear and everything. Don't worry."

I got chills thinking about her entering inside of me the way she did with Amber. Did I really need this? Did I need to get back at Shayla? My mind talked to me. Shayla and Megan. People are laughing at you. I thought to myself. 

"Are you seriously thinking about not doing it? Just do it. You have to! Or you're going to end up trapped in the corners of school with no friends. They'll laugh at you forever and ever. They'll tell you to leave. They'll tell you that you're stupid, ugly, worthless, and call you all of the names in the book," she sneered. "Let me help you."

I took another deep breath. My thoughts ran wild. Without anymore thinking, I nodded my head. "Alright."

"Go to sleep," she replied. "Tomorrow we will make our move."

"Will it hurt?"

"Not much," she winked before gliding away out the door.

I got up to close it then returned to my bed and laid down. I should have been happy, but I wasn't. My heart pounded with confusion, excitement, and guilt. It wasn't a nice combination for me. I found myself not being able to sleep for a while. I finally drifted off to sleep an hour before I had to get up.