#24. Bleeding Out

Sorry it took a while, it was intense to write.
Love you all!
Enjoy :)

Chapter #24 : Bleeding Out

~I'm bleeding out
So if the last thing that I do
Is bring you down
I'll bleed out for you
So I bare my skin
And I count my sins
And I close my eyes
And I take it in
I'm bleeding out
I'm bleeding out for you (for you)
When the day has come
But I've lost my way around
And the seasons stop and hide beneath the ground
When the sky turns gray
And everything is screaming
I will reach inside
Just to find my heart is beating
You tell me to hold on
Oh you tell me to hold on
But innocence is gone
And what was right is wrong
When the hour is nigh
And hopelessness is sinking in
And the wolves all cry
To feel the night worth hollering
When your eyes are red
And emptiness is all you know
With the darkness fed
I will be your scarecrow
'Cause I'm bleeding out
So if the last thing that I do
Is to bring you down
I'll bleed out for you
So I bare my skin
And I count my sins
And I close my eyes
And I take it in
And I'm bleeding out
I'm bleeding out for you
For you~

PERCY

I've always wanted to visit Australia. It was that place that just seemed to really captivate my attention. It was green and spacious, everyone seemed to always have fun, there were beaches everywhere, people liked surfing, and their accents are just so freaking awesome. C'mon, you were thinking it, too. To sum it up, Australia was a perfect postcard picture in itself. So yeah, I've thought of the romance one could have on one of its beach shores while the sun sets. But let me tell you now: There was absolutely nothing romantic about a handful of puke green multi-headed monsters swarming a deserted seaweed infested beach that smelled of hot garbage and dead serpent guts.

Mrs. O'Leary was currently curled up in the safety of the trees behind me, fast asleep and snoring from her exhaustion of shadow traveling. Her ears swivelled around every few seconds as if she were listening, though, so I felt like she still had my back. While my hellhound slept, I decided I should keep an eye out in case I saw some of the hydras close by. I hid behind a rock and pulled out my amazing scoping binoculars, searching the shore until I found the monsters, then tried to figure out what they were up to. I mean, I'm no spy but isn't that something James Bond would do? I bet I'd look pretty good in black, and with these wicked binoculars Travis Stoll gave me? Psh, who wouldn't fall all over Jackson. . . Percy Jackson?

"Well, they seem to be just snooping around the shore..." I mumbled to no one in particular. "I wonder what they're actually planning, if anything at all. They look pretty harmless right now to me, just under half a dozen of them or so. If I were to surprise them, I think I would be able to take them. It'd be tough, as always, but if it saves lives, I'm all in."

I stretched out my back, cracking my spine. I peeked back at Mrs. O'Leary and found she rolled onto her back with her tongue hanging out, snoring as if there were no tomorrow. I chuckled to myself and stifled a yawn. Even though back at Camp Half-Blood campers were just beginning to wake up, people here have already finished their dinner and would be going to sleep soon. I looked out over the pink and orange ocean of Sydney Australia and sighed. I didn't get much sleep back at camp due to my preparations for the quest, so once my eyelids began to droop, I shuffled into the safety of the trees beside my hellhound.

"I might as well sleep for awhile, too." I mumbled.

~

I grunted as a giant hairy paw poked me in the stomach.