Chapter 3

~Y/n~

Aphmau put Logan in a golden lasso and we all left. "Thanks for coming back for me." I thanked Dante as we were walking to Luci's house. "I can't just leave you there. Not after I waited 10 years to see you." He said. "Well, it could've been 14 had I not graduated early." I commented. "Good point. I probably would've visited the school to see you though." He smiled. Then, we arrived at Lucinda's house. She said that she'd help Logan who is in bad condition. Me, Dante, Aphmau, Garroth and Laurence were just waiting outside.

 Me and Aph decided to go check on Lucinda's progress. She told us that she needs some monster eye to help Logan and she sent me and Aph to go get it from a cave nearby. Malachi, a ghost child that was going with Aphmau, came with us. We had to fight many monsters but they were all super easy to beat. We finally got to the queen. Again, it was an easy fight. We quickly headed back to Lucinda to give her the eye. "Thank you." She thanked us and we left. "So, Y/n, you said you're a new guard but where's your weapon?" Laurence asked. 

 I took out my sword. It was a cool looking purple sword (above). I also have a cool bow, shield and another sword but it's just a plain amethyst sword. I only took out the purple sword though. "How do you even get something like that!?" Laurence asked, shocked. "I made them." I replied. "When did you have time to do that?" Dante asked. "I had time in the 4 years I was waiting." I answered. "What were you waiting for?" Garroth asked. "I was waiting to be old enough to go to the guard training school." I answered. "But you were just 8! How does an 8-12 year old make weapons like this!?" Dante asked, shocked.

 "You know better than anyone that I had to learn how to survive in a forest." I told him. "But I'm the one who did everything." Said Dante. "And I watched. While I was waiting, I had time to find the materials and to make the weapons. Of course I didn't make them for a kid to hold but I made them thinking about the future." I explained. "Wait, wait, wait. I wanna hear the story of why you two know each other." Said Laurence.

 "She's my little sister." Dante replied. "Really?" Asked Aph. I nodded. "But then why did you two have to live in the forest?" Asked Laurence. "First of all, I don't see how that has any relation to us being siblings. Second, because of village issues." I replied. Then, the sun set. We set up camp outside Lucinda's house. We all decided to sleep for the night. In the middle of the night, I heard Aph talking to herself. I'm not sure what she was saying though. I noticed that Dante was gone. I then heard his voice talking to Aph outside.

I got up to go see what they were talking about. I could hear Dante telling Aph about Gene. He was also telling her that he would take a chance to find Gene over saving her. "We already know where Gene is. We just can't find a way there or a way to find him there." I said as I walked closer to Aph and Dante. "When did you get out here?" Aph asked as she looked back to see me since I was behind them. "A moment ago." I replied. As I went and stood beside Dante.

"Hey Y/n, do you wanna become a guard for Phoenix Drop?" Aph asked me. "Isn't that your village?" I asked. She nodded. "Dante is a new guard for my village and it would be great to have another." She explained. "Okay then. But like Dante, I would take any opportunity to get Gene if it's there. I have a few things to ask him." I replied. "Okay then." Aph said. "You guys are being too loud. Go back to sleep." Said Laurence as he stood right outside the camp. As the three of us were heading back to the tent I said: "We weren't THAT loud." Then went inside.

I slept the rest of the night. When I woke up, I noticed that no one else was awake. I got up and waited outside. It didn't take long for Garroth, Laurence and Dante to wake up. We decided to let Aph sleep in a bit. When she woke up, she came up to where me and the boys stood. "Lady Aphmau, Azura asked us to check on Lord Burt should we pass by Pikoro village. I'm pretty sure that's nearby." Said Garroth. "Oh yeah. We should probably head there." Aph said.

"I'll go ask Luci for directions." I said. Before I walked away, Aph asked: "Luci?" "That's my nickname for Lucinda." I explained. "Ohhhh. That makes sense." She commented. I nodded and headed inside. "Hey Lucinda, do you know the way to Pikoro?" I asked the orange haired witch. "Yeah. Just follow the path outside and you should end up there." Lucinda answered. "Okay. Thank you." I thanked and walked out. I told Aph and the guys the directions that Luci gave me.

"I think it would be a good idea if you two went alone. Walking in with guards would be super suspicious and may lead people to recognize Lady Aphmau." Said Garroth. I just looked at him like 'you saying I'm not a guard'. He realized what me expression was saying. "I know that you're a new guard but you aren't wearing guard clothes." He explained. That is true. I was wearing a f/n, long sleeved shirt, skiing jeans and long black boots. I was also wearing a silver, heart shaped necklace that had a light f/c gem and a dark f/c gem.

 I was also wearing a silver, heart shaped necklace that had a light f/c gem and a dark f/c gem

Me and Aphmau headed to Pikoro on our horses. I was borrowing Dante's horse. Unlike him though, I didn't have trouble with it as Aph had told me.