Chapter 1

~Dante~

Today was one of the worst days of my life. Gene decided to erase everyone's memories of me and my little sis. "Someone needs to remember." He said to me and my little sister before leaving. My sister, Y/n is 4 years younger than me. She was hugging me while crying, as a normal 6 year old would do in this situation. Now, we have no one. No one remembers us. I decided that we should run away. I'm going to train to be a guard soon and I don't want to leave Y/n here to suffer alone.

~Time Skip~

Now it's time for me to leave. Me and Y/n have been living alone in a small cabin in the forest for the past 2 years since Gene left us and left no memories of us. Y/n is now 8. I don't want to leave her alone. I decided that I should bring her with me. She may be a little young to do guard training but I'm sure they van allow an exception. I mean, I'm only 12. I had been taking care of Y/n for the past couple years. "What do you mean she can't at least stay here!?" I yelled. We were at the guard training school.

"She can't stay." Re-said the lady who was in charge of sign up and stuff. Y/n was holding onto my shirt and somewhat hiding behind me. I could tell she was crying. "Just leave her if your parents. She isn't allowed to stay here." Said the lady. I walked far enough away for the lady to not hear me. Y/n stood in front of me so I could talk to her. I kneeled down to be at her level since I'm quite a bit taller than her. I put a hand on her shoulder. "Why are you crying?" I asked her in a nice voice.

"B-because I'm going to be alone." She answered while crying. "I'm not going to let that happen. Come on. I'll come back some other year." I told her as I stood up. "But I don't want you to not be able to follow your dream because of me." She was crying even more. I don't know what to do. "Before you go though, can we at least find a person to make sure I'm not alone?" She asked. "Of course we can. Don't worry, when I'm done, I'll come find you." I told her. "No need! When I'm old enough, I'm going to come here!" She said in a cheerful tone.

"Okay. Come on, let's go find you a home." I said as I grabbed her hand and we walked to a nearby village. We found an orphanage there that she could stay in. I then headed back to the guard training school.

~Y/n~

It's finally time! I've been waiting 4 years to go train to be a guard and I'm finally old enough! I stood right outside the school. The lady lead me inside and I trained to be a guard. I wonder if I'll run into Dante here. I hope I do! I really miss him. I need to tell him that I'm finally able to fully control my power! We found out about 5 years ago that I have the same power as Gene did. It never got out of control but I couldn't necessarily control it either. Now I can.

Guard training is 10 years. I ended up running into Dante a few times but I don't think he noticed me. I never talked to him since I had my own people to talk to and so did he. Even though I was supposed to be here for 10 years, I dad only at the guard training school for 6. I did so great I got to graduate early. That means that I'm leaving at the same time as Dante. That would be today. We just graduated so now it's time to go out and find villages to protect. Dante left before I had the chance to say hi.

I tried running after him but I got caught by werewolves. I was locked up in the dungeon/prison in the wolf tribe village. Jeez it's cold here. It wasn't long before I noticed someone else being locked up in the same cell as me. It was Dante! I looked around and noticed a girl with orange hair and black witch's clothes. "Hey Dante." I said to get his attention. "Oh hey. I think I've seen you at the school. You a new guard too?" He asked me. "Yeah. I graduated 4 years early." I answered.

"Wait, how do you know my name?" He asked. "You don't remember me? Maybe I just look too different. Does the name Y/n ring a bell?" I asked. He seemed shocked. "Y/n!?" He yelled. "Can you two keep it down?" The witch asked. "Sorry." I apologized. I used a quieter voice and so did Dante. "I can't believe I didn't recognize you!" He said. "Well, I was only 8 last time you saw me. It's been 10 years." I said. "But still." He said. "Anyway, I'm surprised! You're 4 years younger than me and yet we graduated at the same time." He said.

"Natural talent I guess." I laughed a bit. "So, I heard you're on the list for possible future jury of nine members." I commented. "Seeing as you graduated early, I'm guessing you're also on that list." He guessed. I nodded. "Like I said, I'm talented." I laughed again. It wasn't long before two more people got locked up with us. One was a girl with brown hair and the other was a blond haired boy. We stayed here for I think a week before a powerful looking man came down. He had his black hair covering one of his blue eyes and a mask covering half his face.

He ordered the werewolves to let the humans go. That meant everyone except for Logan, who is a werewolf, and Lucinda, who is the witch from before, could leave. I guess I must've used my magicks because I wasn't allowed to leave either. Dante went to go find help with Donna. Meanwhile, I was moved to another cell.