Losing My Mind » Roger Taylor

Roger was in love with you

He had been trying to deny it, but it was getting too hard. He'd been avoiding you at all costs, by not answering the phone and turning up late to gigs so you couldn't wish him good luck beforehand. But then when he got on stage he couldn't stop his eyes being caught by yours. He didn't know how he kept the rhythm going, as his heart just about stopped when he saw you in the crowd. That's when he knew it was too late, that he was too far gone down the rabbit hole. He loved you, and there was no going back.

You had stayed around after the crowd dispersed, waiting in the car park by the boys' van. It was cold outside, so you wore a huge faux-fur coat to warm you up. You had your suspicions that something was up with Roger, he wasn't very good at hiding his feelings, but he was becoming exceptionally good at hiding from you.

"(Y/N)!" Brian exclaimed. He was the first to emerge from backstage, his guitar case in his hand. He embraced you in a one armed hug. "It's good to see you!"

Brian was quick to begin packing things into the van. You greeted Freddie and John with hugs as usual, engaging in small talk as you waited for Roger, but he seemed to be taking his sweet time. He was taking so long backstage that Brian and John ended up hauling his drum kit into the van themselves. You grew impatient, as did the band.

"He's being terribly dramatic," Freddie said as he leaned on the side of the van. Brian had gotten fed up and decided to go and track down his drummer.

"He's been acting awfully strange lately, have you noticed?" You asked John and Freddie. They exchanged knowing looks, but they simply shrugged as you looked at them for an answer.

Brian found Roger by the bar, downing a beer inhumanly fast - even for Roger. Brian knew exactly what was going on, and rushed over to his friend, ultimately sick of how he had been acting the past week.

"Mate, you can't keep doing this," Brian said, snapping Roger out of his trance. He sat down next to him at the bar.

"Dunno what you're talking about," Roger said, not having the guts to look Brian in the eye. Brian always saw right through him.

"Roger don't fuck about, I know this is about (Y/N)," Brian said, his voice becoming stern.

"What about (Y/N)?" Roger said, turning to face Brian. Brian knew as soon as he brought you up, Roger would react.

"Just tell her how you feel Rog, for Christ's sake. She's losing her mind,"

"I'm losing my mind," Roger sighed, throwing his head into his hands. Brian knew Roger was extremely torn up about his feelings, but he had no doubts that telling you was that right thing to do. Brian stood up from the barstool, and Roger knew he had to follow him this time or he'd be in strife.

"The man of the hour!" You cheered as Roger finally emerged. He forced out a laugh. Brian glanced at him, making sure he would follow through. Roger nodded, and soon you embraced him in a hug. He wrapped his arms around you tightly, realising how much he had missed your touch. God, he hated that he had distanced himself from you.

"Now, you have some explaining to do," You said nonchalantly as you fixed Roger's collar mindlessly. He gulped, glancing over at the band who weren't paying attention to the two of you. Roger took a deep breath.

"Yeah I do, there's something I've been meaning to tell you,"

"Rog, you can tell me anything," you said, a smile on your face. Looking into your eyes, and seeing the smile on your face, Roger knew he could tell you anything.

"I... I'm in love with you," he said, mumbled and rushed, not like how he predicted he would tell you he loved you at all. Your expression barely shifted, you only blinked in response at first. Roger thought waiting for you to say something felt like forever.

"Is that really why you've been avoiding me?"

"Wha- yes? I didn't know how you would-"

"Roger,"

"What?"

"You're so stupid sometimes,"

Roger was completely dumbfounded, his mouth hanging agape. You rolled your eyes, realising you'd have to take the lead on this one. You nudged his jaw to close his mouth, and kissed him quickly before pulling away. But that was not enough for Roger, who immediately went back in and started kissing you passionately like he had always wanted to. You couldn't help but giggle as you pulled away again.

"Roger! The whole band is watching!" You said in a hushed voice. Roger continued to pepper you with kisses.

"I don't care, I want to kiss you all over," he replied. You blushed, and allowed him to kiss you some more. Back at the van, Brian rolled his eyes releasing this could take all night to wrap up. John was feeling rather impatient, and bashed he side of the van to startle you both. Roger almost bit your lip as he jumped.

"C'mon, lovebirds, I would like to go home!" John said. Roger's hand intertwined with yours and he led you to the van. He couldn't believe how lucky he was that you loved him back, and he never wanted to let you go.

[AUTHORS NOTE: just a lil rog imagine for yall because I love queen atm. Would you guys read a roger fic if I wrote one?? 👀👀👀]