Chapter twenty-four: in which they talk

Start from the beginning

"Let me get this straight." He started. "You don't mind the kiss?"

"No."

"You actually liked it."

"Yes."

"And you are scared?"

"Yes."

"Of what?"

I smiled at that. "That's a complicated question. I'm scared of a lot of things. I was scared of what could happen to us, but that doesn't matter anymore. I was scared of my feelings, but I've been feeling this way for a while."

"I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say." He sounded genuinely confused.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I wanted to facepalm him.

"No, Trevor, I love you."

He opened his mouth and closed it just to open it once more.

Oh, fuck it.

I leaned down to give him a quick peck on the lips as if that would help clarify what I was saying.

I leaned back but he pulled me to his lap were I ended up straddling him. We stared at each other for a minute. I was waiting for him to say something and the wait was killing me slowly.

What if this was too much for him?

What if admitting my feelings scared him off?

Maybe he wanted to take things slow and see where we could go.

Maybe I was too straight forward.

Maybe, just like me, he was not willing to risk our friendship.

"You love me?"

"Yes." I whispered.

"I love you too, Koda." He leaned to give me a sweet short kiss. "I've loved you for a long, long time."

"I never noticed." I had to justify myself somehow.

"I know, and it was the most frustrating thing I had to endure."

"You should have said something."

I felt like I was in the most confortable place I could be. With his hands by mi hips while I sat on his lap. I felt the impluse to touch his hair and Trevor slightly leand his head on my hand that was trailing just above his ear.

"Look at what happened when I kissed you, telling you was not an option."

He was right about that, the truth was that ther was nothing he could have said to me. I had to realize everything on my own, and even though in the end he ended up taking the first step, I needed time to figure it out.

Yes, you're right." I looked into his eyes. "Why did you agree to my plan? To the ten dates."

I was so unconcious about everything. It must have not been easy for him to set me up with people, even when I suspected that he was deliberately arranging my dates with the worst candidates he could find.

"Because you asked me to help you." He shrugged.

"That's not a good enough reason."

"I'd do anything you asked me to."

"That's so corny!" I laughed.

"It's the truth!" He defended. I could see the sincerity in his eyes. It made me feel warm inside.

"Well, thanks, I guess, but you suck at setting people up."

"I hijacked those dates." He admitted.

"I knew it!" I pointed an accusing finger at him.

"How could you have known it?"

"Well, I suspected it after the fourth date, but I thought you were doing it to have fun at my expense." Somehow I had moved one of my hands to his forarm and the other was holding his hand between us. Trevor was moving his thums over the back of my hand absentmindedly. "Where did you even find those guys? They were crazy!"

"Asking around." He managed to look embarassed. It was a cute look on him.

"I think I'll just never have a good date on my life." I joked rolling my eyes.

"We can fix that." Trevor had a glint in he eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"We need to modify your little mission. I have an extra date for you." He smilled like it was the best idea in the world.

An extra date?

He must have seen the confusion on my face becuase he continued. "Go on a date with me."

"Oh"

"Maybe you need eleven dates to find the guy for you."

"From where is this all cheeseiness comfing from?" I teased.

Trevor pouted like a little kid.

"I'd love to go on a date with you."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Two more chapters, I can't believe it.

Regards,

A.L. Pecka