ONE|shoes and booze

The Vampire Diaries
S2:E7

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica looked down at her phone one more time, rereading the many frantic messages and added emojis sent by Caroline before opening the doors to the Salvatore house.

She was deep into college searching and blaring music in her room when she heard her phone ding with nearly twenty messages in under a minute. Of course, her friend is a chronic double texter, but never that much.

"I've managed to sneak away for a little bit, what's up with the cryptic text messages?" Veronica asked, walking into the living room to see Caroline, Stefan, and Damon.

The brunette snuck a look at Stefan, who seemed to be doing the same. Sending him a quick smile, she looked towards Caroline for an explanation.

"I'm still shaking." The blonde spoke, sipping the blood bag that Damon handed to her.

"What happened? All I could gather from your messages was that the purple devil is drinking wine."

"Ugh, no! Those were to describe Katherine."

"Holy shit, you mean..." Veronica's eyes widened.

"Where?" Stefan said, his jaw clenched.

"At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and quasi-stalk Matt."

Before Caroline could continue, Damon rolled his eyes. "Let's skip the teen drama and get on with it."

Sending him a glare, Caroline continued her story. Veronica made a mental note to ask Care about Matt later. She definitely wanted to hear the "teen drama".

"She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard." Stefan said.

"She's running scared. What she did to my aunt was desperate. She's out of tricks." The brunette said, putting her hands on her hips.

"We can't underestimate her. We have to play this smarter than her."

"Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline asked, earning an eye roll from Damon.

"No, Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight."

"You're not gonna kill her." Stefan said, making Veronica raise an eyebrow.

"Don't give me that goody-goody crap." Damon snarled.

"You're not gonna kill her." He said, repeating himself.

"Really?"

"Because I am." Stefan spoke.

Veronica studied him. Sure, he was hundreds of years old and had the ability to kill. But after Elena filled her in on Stefan and Katherine's past, she wondered if he really could do it.

Clearing her throat, Veronica straightened. "While you two plan the attack of the psycho vampire, Jenna's being released from the hospital. Duty calls."

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica unlocked the doors of her house, walking in to see Jenna on the couch alongside Matt and Jeremy and Elena in the kitchen.

"Aunt Jenna, I'm home! How are you feeling?"

"Like I got stabbed." The older woman said, making Veronica snort.

"I'll go make lunch, knowing Jeremy will burn down the whole kitchen."

"So what are we going to do?" Jeremy asked the moment Veronica stepped into the room.