Cheeks

Girl's POV

Your mouth stretched up, showing off your bubble-like cheeks.

I quickly opened my candy bar, feeling really happy that you smiled at me; and forgetting that one of my front teeth was loose.

It darted out of my mouth when I tore off the chocolate wrapper!

You looked at me in shock. A hot liquid oozed down my lip. I ran away to get a tissue napkin or something to stop the bleeding.

My big brother saw me and panicked, cursing under his breath while he searched his pockets for a handkerchief.

He wanted to drive me home immediately but I told him that I had to see someone first. He let me go so I ran back to the end of the sidewalk where I last saw you.

But you weren't there anymore.

I searched left and right; doorstep to doorstep; tree to tree; bush to bush; corner to corner; even up and down.

"Don't worry, kiddo. I'm sure you'll see your friend again, some other time. For now, we should go home. You look like a rabbit that got hit- I mean like a zombie rabbit. Mom's gonna faint when she sees all that blood on your shirt," my brother laughed. I tried to laugh with him but the thought of not finding you kept me from doing so (or maybe it was the handkerchief I was biting... yeah... it definitely was).

After cleaning up, I sat on my bed, thinking about you. You had the cutest bubble cheeks I had ever seen.

It had been a week since that day I met you. Seeing you made it the best halloween party I had ever been too, even though I didn't get to know your name.

I didn't want to forget about that night so I decided to write this diary.

November 4, 2003

~Katie

P.S. I decided not to start with "Dear diary" because I didn't want this to be like anybody else's.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Please comment and vote to let me know you want the next update, please, :3

Love you guys!