That was a good point and I should have shut up afterward. But, let's be honest, it's me we're talking about here. I never shut up. "Did something happen?"

"If you didn't care enough to call and ask if I'm alright, what makes you think I trust you enough to tell you about my personal problems?" He was becoming colder, like the Hunter that day I approached him after our misfire of a meeting. 

"That's a bit harsh, Hunter," I tried to retort. I wanted to be playful, and I wanted my bite to hurt, but my bite wasn't much of a bite, really. I didn't like it when he becomes cold, especially not towards me. Even if I'm the one who pushes him to it. 

"Was I wrong in what I said?" He asked, unapologetic.

"No."

"Olivia?"

"Yeah?"

"What's going on?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, what happened to feisty? You're being too agreeable."

"That's a bad thing?"

"No, it's not," he sighed, "but you're mad because I didn't call, Olivia. Since when do you care whether a man calls or not?"

Since you, apparently. 

"I just wanted to know that you're okay, that's all," I said softly. 

He was quiet for another moment. "Meet me tonight?"

I stood taller. "What?"

"Meet me at my place tonight, I want to take you somewhere," he said, his tone softening the more he spoke.

"Is this another one of your ploys to prove me wrong?" 

He let out a soft laugh. "Yes, it started out that way, but I also want to see you."

I scolded myself for almost swooning before my heart could attempt to skip a beat. 

When I was quiet for too long, he spoke again, "Olivia, you in?"

I shook my head, clearing my head. "Hmm? Yeah, I'll be at your place after work. I get off at four. Does that work?"

"It works perfectly and Olivia?"

"Yeah?"

"Next time, put my number to good use instead of driving yourself crazy."

***

From work, I drove straight to Hunter's house. I was embarrassed, to say the least. I spent the whole day overthinking my stupid accusations. He was right. I should have called if I cared enough to expect him.

I parked my car in his driveway and sat with the engine off, scolding myself for what was happening to me.

"Olivia?" Hinter yelled out, drawing me out of my thoughts.

I almost jumped but thankfully refrained. Grabbing my purse, I got out of the car and headed toward him. "Yes, it is I, your greatest enemy, Davis."

He let out a laugh. "Davis?"

I stopped right before him. "Davis. I like it, don't you?"

"I do," he said. He stopped aside then, "come on in."

"You're just gonna let your greatest enemy into your home this easily?" I stepped past him and into his home. "I thought you were smarter than that?"

He grinned and locked the door behind him. "And what do you plan on doing with me, greatest enemy?"

I shrugged. "I don't know."