Epilogue: Someday, The Smiling Face

"Is all your luggage here?"

"...Yes. I threw away a lot of things after much thought and this is the only one left."

Yū raised the bright sky blue suitcase and pet carrying case as she smiled radiantly.

It was a few days after Koremitsu dragged Yū out of the house, and ran in the rain...

The sky was clear, there were no clouds to be seen, and the bright sunlight rained down on their heads.

Yū was in front of her apartment, waiting for a taxi.

Later, she would be headed to the airport.

She chose to finish the school leaving procedures, live with her mother in Australia, and continue her education there.

"Oh...well, it certainly is more convenient to travel with."

Koremitsu wanted to chat as if it was normal, but he was still sobbing away, and it seemed he would bawl out if he relaxed in the slightest.

—Once Yū's vengeful spirit is liberated, she will go to Australia.

On the day Koremitsu declared to Asai he would protect Yū, Hikaru said this to him with conviction.

—Yū's mother has been calling her, telling her to live together in Australia, but she refused every single time. However, her father is increasingly burdened and unable to pay for her living expenses.

There was no choice for Yū but to go to Australia.

However, she did not dare leave her apartment, let alone suffer in a foreign country with a language she was unacquainted with, and she'd rather die at home.

—If you do not do anything, perhaps you might be able to maintain the current situation.

Hikaru was ostensibly saying something he did not want to as his tone was weak and dejected, his expression gloomy and dull.

—There is no way Yū's parents will want to see their daughter starve to death...they will probably continue to send her financial aid. In that case, Yū will be able to have her usual happiness, and you can have Yū, who belongs to you.

However, Koremitsu stared at Hikaru, and answered that it did not matter even if he could not meet Yū. He had to chase the vengeful spirit away and prevent her from crying whenever she recalled the past.

On the day they were viewing flowers in the park, Yū and Koremitsu were seated side by side on the bench, talking,

"...Papa did not send any money over since the last month. He told me over the phone that his new wife has a new child, and he has no ability to provide any living means for me. He even apologized to me and told me to go to mama."

The sun was shining brightly after the rain stopped, and Yū lowered her head dejectedly,

"I threw a tantrum and ignored papa and mama's advice. I thought they only cared about their new families or job, that nobody really cared about me, that I might as well just die, and I really hope I can die in my sleep...it's as you said, I'm...running away from reality..."

Though she was sad, she was trying her best to talk with her teeny-weeny voice.

Thus, Koremitsu was paying utmost attention to her.

"I don't know whether I can get along well with mama once I get to Australia. She's a very shrewd and practical person...she never liked my attitude, and always taught me to be more proactive, or told me to get out and move, and even said I'm very stubborn, and I need to make more friends. It really caused me a lot of pressure...I can't handle being in a school in Japan; it'll be much tougher for me when I go to Australia to study, and I may end up being bullied. I'm really scared when I think about this..."