Chapter 11

The only memory I have of my grandparents were all positive ones. They were your average 'old' couple with the words of wisdom and the constant lectures of my mistakes. They taught me love and patience something that my parents could never teach me. The day they found out that my parents have abused me was the day I saw the same light I saw yesterday when I woke up. It was hope that I would have freedom. They planned to have me leave the place where most of my scars were. They wanted to have me in their guidance. But, all good things tend to die for my grandfather passed away a couple days later. With my grandmother grieving, she too passed away. That was the day my hope died and I was forever burdened with the life that I lived. 

I came home from another work day with one thought in mind: The will. 

Jay didn't really leave me any details other than the fact there is one. Apparently, I do have money. Loads of money left in a private account under my name. Why hadn't I known about this? Yet, my parents known. 

I was still baffled by this. 

I haven't seen Jay since the day he told me that. Sadly he's been away on a meeting with one of his clients out of town. A very important meeting. According to his schedule, he'll be back this time of the week so I can finally interrogate him about the will. 

Of course I told Adam too. 

He was the first person I told when I walked out of the office that day. Adam was surprised indeed and also very curious as to why it was never mentioned to me and it's been years since they passed away. 

Anyways, he's coming back to check up on me next week for the holidays which is somewhere around next month or so. 

The night flew by and as I notice I was already heading to work. As I was walking to the office building, I notice someone following me. It was broad daylight outside so it was very obvious to me that there was someone eyeing me close by. I already had a feeling who it might be so I quickened my pace even more. 

My heart is beating immensely fast and the droplets of sweat were forming on my forehead. As I was about to enter the building, someone bumps into me. 

The fear grew as I turned around to see who it was.

"Woah, that's no way to bump into your boss," Jay says as he grabs ahold of my waist. I quickly look around at the culprit that caused me to be so startled, but no one was there. There was only a wave of business people entering and exiting the building. I'm aware that this building isn't in the worst streets, but it also wasn't in the safest streets either. 

"Thank God it's you," I exasperate. I quickly realize the immense hold he had on my waist and immediately softly push him away. He replied to a quick chuckle. 

"In a hurry?" He laughs as we both walk into the building. 

"No...sir," I respond still trying to keep this relationship professional. This relationship.

"I see." 

"You're back a little early. My schedule for you says that you wouldn't be back until this Thursday."

"It ended early. I can be very persuasive Ms. Crystal." He replied with a slight smirk forming on his attractive face. 

"Persuasive my.." 

"You better watch that mouth Alex," He interrupts. I can feel the crimson red forming on my cheeks as we both hop into the elevator. 

I don't know what was up with him, but his presence made me feel...hot. The elevator ride to the top floor was very long and we were the only ones on it making it seem so unbearable. We were so close together I can feel the heat radiating out of his body. I can smell the hint of cologne that surely set my tastebuds ablaze. The smirk forming on his face let me know what his presence did to me. 

Floor 13

He slowly bent down to tie his shoe.

Floor 14

His finger grazing up my leg as he slowly got up.

Floor 15

His hand steadily grabs my butt and lightly squeezes it. 

DING

He retracts his hand back and leaves the elevator without saying a word. My face is flushed and I can feel the slight tingles he left my body with his touch. Jesus.

I hurriedly walk out of the elevator and into my cubicle setting my stuff down slowly as I take in what just happened. That boy. I mean that man. Wow. 

---

The work day was spent mindlessly as I just faxed and emailed all day at my own pace. The only interaction with Jay after that encounter was just simple one-lettered responses as he handed me work to do. He was returning all the calls he missed while I was gone and boy, was there a lot. 

The only other thing keeping my mind pre-occupied was the will. I still have to talk to him about it. It was something that was supposed to be the first thing to talk about when he got back but... 

I was interrupted with my thoughts when Jay walked out of his office and walked to my cubicle. His entire demeanor was intimidating. The way his piercing green eyes darted to everyone around the office scrutinizing the work that they were doing. His entire persona changed once he looked at me. Something that really surprised me. 

For a second there, his eyes turned a dark shade of blue and a slight smile took upon his face to greet me. 

"Is there any other phone calls that I have to take today?" He asks. I shrug and look through the organized calendar sprawled out on my desk. Skimming through I realize that he has finished all the calls that needed to be answered. This surely relieved me of my anxiety that I felt writing all this down. I thought that this was gonna have to wait until next week, so my worries about the endless amount of phone calls that were left unsure are now in the back of my mind. I sighed in relief. 

"No sir, you're all good. You just have dinner with your parents tonight and you're done for the day." I say. His jaw tightens and he simply nods. 

"Come with me." He says. 

"Where to sir?" I ask. 

"Dinner with my parents.. again. I promise I won't embarrass you like last time." He says chuckling, getting an eye roll from me. 

"I don't know.. I'm really tired from today." I lie. He notices the little white lie and raises an eyebrow. 

"You're tired from faxing papers and answering emails? Like I believe that." He says. I shrug. 

"Come on, please! I'll talk to you about the will.." He begs. I scoff hearing the bribe come out of his mouth. I didn't mind going to dinner with his parents. It's just I didn't know what feelings I had towards the man in front of me. I didn't want anything to happen that could intercept with our professional relationship. But if this means I can get information about my will, I'm all in. 

"Fine." I respond earning a toothy grin from the man himself. 

"You also forgot my coffee this morning. Strike one Miss Crystal,"  he said showing off his pearly white teeth. 

Damn, what kind of toothpaste is he wearing? 

----

Just edited a bunch of chapters reread them if you like!!