Chapter Eleven: The Party & After Party (Part I)

Start from the beginning

“Mhm.” Roxie beamed. 

“Then let’s go.” I smiled at my friends, we left in Roxie’s car since she could fit us all in her Jeep Wrangler. “It’s beautiful out.” I said looking around as she drove.

“Yeah, it’s supposed to get really hot today--perfect for swimming or something.” Candy said. 

“Well when Ashton and the boys get back, we should go swimming or something.” I said beaming. Candy and Roxie looked at each other. “What?”

“Are you sure it’ll be safe to be around those gorgeous boys in practically nothing?” Candy asked nervous. “And what will Zyre say about Roxie?”

“Good points.” I muttered. “I mean, Marce, Seth and Callum are different scenarios, they’re not as old as Xenon, Zyre and Ashton. Marce is twenty, Seth and Callum are nineteen.” I said  “So would it be bad?”

“Seth and Callum are soooo immature.” Candy laughed. “But Marce’s really cute.”

“I like Xenon, he’s really cute.” Roxie said. “But that’s Zyre’s best friend.” 

“Xenon and Zyre I would classify as my friends, they’re Ashton’s closest friends. Been with him through thick and thin. They’ve helped me out, kept me from messing things up between Ashton and I.” I said. 

“Wait, so I’m kind of confused. Yesterday someone said something about you two being mates.” Roxie said. “Are you guys boyfriend/girlfriend or are you guys mates?”

“Mates, soul mates actually.” I said. 

“What are mates and soul mates?” Candy said. “All this werewolf stuff is new to me.” 

“There’s a difference between mates and soul mates, soul mates means you and whoever that other person is was chosen by the Wolf Spirits to be together. It’s not easy finding a soul mate and not many people want to try anymore. A mate is like marriage. You’re not destined to be together, if you see that person and you want them you would claim you and they would be yours--in other words, you’d be mates.” Roxie explained. “Or that’s what Zyre always told me.”

“I don’t get it, if you know you have a soul mate why not go after them?” Candy asked.

“Soul mates can be countries, or continents apart. You’ll always cross a path with your soul mate--either you recognize it immediately and take action by claiming your mate or you don’t mind it and you keep moving. Sometimes you only cross paths with your soul mate once, sometimes it’s often.” Roxie said. “Most wolves today stopped believing in soul mates, they think it’s a waste of time.”

“Although I don’t know much about werewolves and soul mates, seeing Ashton and Myra makes me have faith in them.” Candy said. I smiled. “They love each other and you can tell, I want to experience something like that.”

“Thank you, Candy. And I’m sure you’ll meet your soul mate one day.” I said.

“Zyre doesn’t admit it, but he still has faith in soul mates.” Roxie said.

“I bet he does.” I said as we parked in the parking lot of a large mall. “So what are we shopping for?” 

“Anything you like.” Candy said. “Today’s your day.” We got out the car and walked into the mall.

“Now girls, not everyone’s like us, so we can’t really talk about what we are in public.” I said under my breath. They nodded understandingly. We went in and out of stores buying whatever we thought we’d like, we’d get hit on my random guys that were average “hot” human guys, we were no longer interested in them, now that we’ve seen what real men look like. We had to have been in the mall for like two and a half hours, and we racked up all kinds of things.