Chapter Ten: Racing For Your Heart

I don't believe in soul mates or love at first sight It just isn't my thing, but I do believe in happy endings.

Dallas and I drove for hours and all that I could see were trees, dirt roads, lakes, and even some unnameable animals. We didn't leave Texas but we got as far from Denville as we could. I knew that  my parents would take drastic measures once I left but I didn't care. My dad was the new mayor of Denville and I didn't really care how his daughter running away would make him look.

"It's almost night time we should find somewhere to stay" Dallas said looking out the window of his truck and it was olny now did I realize the sun had went down.

"Yeah It doesn't look like we'll find anything for a miles though" I told him looking around not seeing a building in sight.

"Don't worry we'll come across something soon" he reassured me and I kept my gaze out following along the trees as we drove past them. The longer I kept my eyes on them the faster I thought we went because it was all becoming a blur.

"So why did you take off? and don't tell me it's because of that prick" Dallas finally asked braking the silence and I sighed.

"My parents" was all I said and he began to chuckle.

"Your parents? everyone has fights with their parents Mad's you didn't need to take off for that" He told me and I roughly rubbed the make up off of my cheek where a bruise was hidden from the slap my father gave me.

"This is not a normal fight that people have with their parents!" I snapped pointing to the bruise and he looked at it in terror.

"Madison you didnt tell me he hit you" He said gripping the stairing wheel and I laughed fighting back tears.

"And what were you suppose to do hun Dallas? go over there and punch him until we all had matching bruises? No, there's nothing you could have done" I told him looking down at my lap and after that neither of us spoke. We drove in silence until we reached a motel and we pulled over just in time because they were about to close the front office for the night.

Dallas got us a room with two beds but truthfully it was a waist, if he thought I was sleeping alone in this creepy piece of crap he was wrong. I dropped my bag on the floor when we entered the room and I looked around and it didn't look half bad.

"I'll take that bed and you can have this one" Dallas said gestering to the bed on the left.

"I'm not sleeping alone this place creeps me out" I told him and he chuckled looking around.

"You'll be fine" he said walking over to the bed on the right and taking a seat as he removed his boots.

"I'm serious Dallas, what if some kind of serial killer tries to come and kill us? I'll die first because I'm closest to the door" I said slowly moving around the room to check to see if there were any bugs that would maybe crawl out and attack my face while I was asleep.

"Fine we'll share a bed but for the record I'd probably die first because I'm strongest and they'd want to take out anything that could kill them first" He said full on laughing now and I looked at him with a glare.

"Whatever you say"  I told him grabbing my bag and taking out my usual sleep wear.

"I'm gonna shower" Dallas finally said after getting his boots off and getting up.

"Wait no I want to shower first this place makes me feel so dirty" I told him trying to make my way to the bathroom before him but he wouldn't let me by.

"No I'm going first " He said smiling and backing into the bathroom and switching on the light.

"No come on, please let me go first" I begged and he shook his head as he turned on the water and began to strip. I kind of froze because I A, didn't know what to do and B, had never seen a guy naked before.

"Dallas stop I'm getting in, y-you just put your clothes back on and wait your turn" I told him and I dont know what came over me but I began to strip as well.

"I'm getting in first whether you like it or not" He said holding a  big grin on his face and I was determined to not let him win.

"Fine I guess we're sharing the shower then" I said letting the words just fly out of my mouth without even thinking. Dallas just shrugged his shoulders and at this point he was completely naked but I didn't dare look down. He got into the shower and I finished quickly getting undressed and stepped in behind him trying to make sure he didn't look.

"Whatever you do don't-" I said but it was too late, Dallas had turned around and gave my naked body a full on check out before his eyes met mine.

"Whoa well um I... Well um I wasn't, I don't know how to say this but you have a birth mark in the shape of a rain deer right above your-" he said but I stopped him immediately.

"Shut it! I know where it is, it is my body you know" I said moving around him and standing under the hot water. I grabbed the soap that was left for all guest and began lather it all over my body hen I felt a hand glide around my waist and slide dangerously low on my stomach. My breath got caught in my throat but I still managed to speak.

"Dallas what are you doing?" I asked him in a whisper and I could feel the smile form on his lips as he pressed them against my neck even though my wet hair stuck to it..

"Nothing... why should I stop?" he asked and even though my mind was shouting Yes my body had it's own plans and screamed no. It became unbearable whenever his hands left a part of my skin and I turned around and our lips crashed together frantically.

I have no idea what I'm doing.