The Coronation Pt. 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

But there's something different about Jace than there is about most romantic interests in books. He's not the big buff poetic, strong, and confident man that wins the girl from a simple crooked grin. He's the rather the thin and shy guy who thinks he can't get the girl.

Breaking my thoughts again, I feel Jace begin twirling me in his arms. He grabs me by the waist again and pulls me closer than before, his body almost squashed against mine. I feel his heartbeat and notice how fast it beats which only makes my heart beat faster too. 

His gaze on me is shy but intense, "So, how have you been?" I ask him awkwardly. 

"Fine, pretty bored though since there hasn't been much for me to do." He answers. The song stops and looking around the room, I notice some people watching us.  I see Spencer, Tony, and a tall girl about my age with beautiful dark brown hair, the only one smiling.

I look back at Jace and give him a nice smile, "I should be going. Thank you for the dance." I say, this time feeling my own cheeks blushing. 

Right as I'm about to walk away his hand pulls me back, and his face nears mine. "Have a nice day, your Highness." He says, his lips brushing my cheek. My blush intensifies as he walks away after letting his lips linger for a second too long. And I'm shocked into place. Clumsily, I walk off the dance floor towards Tony's direction. His blue eyes look at me, making me feel guilty as I then try to stay away from him. 

He looks at me like he could yell at me, and honestly, after the last, I saw him, I wouldn't blame him. I almost killed him. "Hello?" A silky voice says. 

Curious, I look over to see the beautiful girl that was smiling at me with the long dark hair. "Hello," I say, taking her outstretched hand. 

"I'm Princess Isabella Martìnez, Princess of Spain, but please call me Isa, that's what my friends call me." 

"It's nice to meet you, Isa."

"Yes, your Highness." She says. 

"Please call me Katie."

Her smile widens, "Katie, I really hope that we can become close friends." She says.

I nod my head, "I agree."

"I'll talk to you later." She walks away, her gorgeous dress flowing beautifully behind her as she walks to someone else, smiling and laughing. 

I stand there for one more second, and as I do, I feel my stomach begin to ache. I place my hand on my lower stomach, bending over a little as the pain gets worse. 

"Katie?" A voice says, a hand touching my bare shoulder. 

I try to answer, but I can't as I begin to cough, ripping my throat raw. I feel my knee buckle, and I'm on the ground in a second. "Katie!" The voice says again, this time sounding even more worried. The smell of Axe fills my nostrils as someone stands in front of me, helping me up. But I'm too heavy, and I end up having to use a lot of strength to lift myself off the ground with the help of someone's shoulder. Finally, standing I see Tony's worried face very close to mine.

"You can let me go." I manage to say.

"Are you sure?" He asks, his breath brushing against my neck. I only nod my head. His hands let go of me, leaving me cold, and even more weak than I thought possible. My body tilts, and right away his hands are again holding me up. "Come on, let's get you to your room."