“That’s awesome Tomo!” A much quieter voice complimented. I took a couple more steps until I was by a tree that had previously been blocking my view of the players. Tomoko was rallying with the racket ball wall at a speed that I was surprised she could even keep up. My surprise doubled when I saw how her hand was gripped so sloppily around the spindle of her racket. Ryuzaki’s granddaughter stood off to the side in an all too adorable tennis outfit. A cute light pink skirt and shirt hung loosely off her small frame. Her hair dark hair carefully tied into two long braids that sat at her waist. She was clapping for her friend in encouragement, while she managed to balance her racket between her arms.

        Tomoko was wearing a much more plausible outfit for playing tennis, baggy shorts and a baggy, long-sleeved, orange shirt. I kept an amused smile off my face as she finally missed the ball she had been chasing after. Her charismatic smile faltered, “Oops, I botched it.” She muttered out embarrassed.

        “If you want to be as good as me someday you should probably start by fixing your grip.” I told her honestly from my spot. My comment surprised them both and they spun to look at me.

            “Ah! Clair!” Tomoko pointed out in recognition. There was really no need to be so loud when I was right there!

            “The one and only,” I proclaimed with a wink, “but seriously fix your grip on the racket. Just watching you with that grip sends shivers up my spine.” Her brows furrowed in offense and I could see how she must have been stubborn when it came to taking advice.

            She looked back down at her grip on the racket and pouted. “What’s wrong with my grip?” She spun her racket around in her hand, but still held it far too high up for it to be considered comfortable.

            “You should hold your racket at the end.” The monotone voice spoke up from seemingly nowhere, though it definitely sounded like Echizen.

            “Yeah…” I agreed with the disembodied voice. Tomoko gave me a perplexed look at my confused expression. She had seen no problem with Echizen’s voice talking to her like instructions from The Heavens above.

            “Over here.” Echizen chimed out from somewhere right of me. He raised his hand above him like he would in a classroom if he ever voluntarily answered questions. He sat right by a raised structure that blocked his small stature from my view.

            I glided over to him, long board in tow, and plopped down next to Echizen with a smile. “So you’re giving out free lessons now? How sweet of you.” I razzed.

            He gave me a slight glare from beneath his cap. If I had a penny for every time Echizen had glared at me like that I was sure I’d be a millionaire by now. “The old man tricked me.” He answered irritation still swirling in his golden eyes.

            I raised a brow in amusement, “Why does that not surprise me?” The old man was good, and clearly had a delicious sense of humor when it came to torturing his son, I would give him that.

            “Is this better Ryoma?” Tomoko bellowed. She had fixed her grip this time, though she hardly looked comfortable with it. Echizen just nodded his head lethargically.

            “You should also move back a little bit.” I advised. “The new grip will make it easier to swing and you will end up putting more power into your shots, whether you know it or not.” She followed our instructions and in moments was hitting the ball against the wall a lot smoother than before.

            “Hmmmm.” Echizen hummed. He was discreetly watching her practice beneath his cap.

            “It’s a little nostalgic watching them learn.” I told him as Tomoko continued to hit every shot with a little more power.