Chapter 7// Real life

Thera pulled up in front of her apartment, smiling. She had seen Matt's car down the street and, judging by her friends comments on Instagram, they had something planned for her. What exactly they had planned, she didn't know.

But tonight she had a surprise date with Alex, and just the thought of it made her smile.

Just as she was locking her car, she heard a car pull in: it was Nic. Intrigued, she stopped and waited for Nic to come out of the car. When Nick saw Thera standing in front of the building, he froze. Slowly, he stepped out of his car, a guilty look on his face.

"Nic, what's happening? Not that I'm not happy to see you but why are you here?" Thera asked him slowly, greeting him with a hug.

"Uhm, Mae asked me to come by, she wanted help to find video ideas..." Nic stuttered, pulling away from the hug, not willing to meet her eyes.

Thera just hummed, deciding that she would know what he was hiding, sooner or later.

While climbing the stairs Nic and Thera caught up a bit. "It's actually been a long time since I've seen you! What are you always doing?" Thera wondered, searching for her key.

"I'm working on something that I can't tell you right now" Nic answered, petting Raggy.

"You know you're acting really suspicious right now?" Thera asked while opening the door. Once it was open, she stopped. The lights were off, even if Mae was supposedly there.

Suddenly, Mae came out of the living room, smiling mischievously.

"What's going on Mae?..." The young woman asked slowly, taking her coat off. Nic slipped past her to stand next to Mae and answered her, "Well we have a surprise for you-" but was interrupted by Mae, "Actually Nic, this concerns you as well."

The blond turned to Mae, surprised, who only turned around, heading to the living room looking over her shoulder "Well follow me!"

Nic and Thera looked at each other for a second, before following their friend. Just when they entered the living room, the lights turned on and people burst out of everywhere screaming "Happy birthday!!" Making the two jump and Raggy bark.

Thera couldn't believe it. She looked at the room and saw all of her friends and siblings standing, laughing and rushing to hug the both of them.

"Oh my God, you guys scared me! I can't believe it," Thera gushed. "God damn it Mae you got me good, you sneaky woman!"

Mae laughed and explained "Yeah we told him it was a surprise party just for you so that we knew he wouldn't spoil anything".

"Holy shit I love you guys so much!" Thera jumped before stopping, "Well then, let's get this party started!!" She screamed, receiving hollers and "Hell yeah's" as a response. Music was turned up, drinks served and the party started. Thera couldn't believe how lucky she was: she had amazing friends, a job she loved, and, at that moment, she couldn't be happier.

Nic and Thera soon blew out their candles. Just as they were finishing their cake, someone knocked on the door. Nic got up, telling her he got it. Greetings were heard so she was quick to go see who had arrived. In the hall, she couldn't believe it : there stood Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Elizabeth Olsen and Sebastian Stan.

She screamed, not believing her eyes, "Holy shit you guys are here!" before running to greet them, making them laugh. Thera then noticed Nic gobsmacked, not moving in shock. She turned to the actors, "I present to you, the birthday boy, Nic!"; hearing his name, Nic sobered up and started talking to them.

Just as she was starting to close the door, she saw someone else approaching, "Zendaya!! You're also here!" she squealed.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, happy birthday!" Zendaya answered, hugging her. That's when Thera noticed him. Tom. She froze for a second, locking her gaze with his. She stepped out from the hug, inviting Zendaya in before turning to him, "Hi Tom, welcome." She spoke calmly.

"Happy birthday Thera" He gave her a smile, "Listen, Mae invited me but if it's a bother for you I can always leave, I'd understand.". Before she could answer, Nic appeared behind her, happily greeting Tom and inviting him in. Just when Tom passed by her, she put her hand on his arm, "Don't leave, it's also Nic's birthday, after all, and I know he wants you here.". Tom just smiled and entered the living room.

Thera followed, not sure how to feel. But she only had to look at all the people in the room to feel ecstatic. That's when she saw Alex approaching and she hugged him before kissing him lightly and that's when she felt truly happy, having her boyfriend, her family and her friends there.

They danced, laughed, talked, ate and drank till late into the night,having some much needed fun.    

A/N :

First time Thera and Tom see each other since the fight... What do you think will happen? 

Also sorry for the long wait but I take so long to write a real life chapter (and I'm still not that happy with it tbh)

Charlotte xx