"What do you want?" he asks breathlessly, licking his lips and hooking his finger around the edge of your underwear.

You gulp, eyeing his heaving chest and soft, pink lips just inches away from yours. "W-Wait," you request timidly while subtly bringing his hand up to your stomach and pulling him into you again.

He pays no mind to your repositioning and is instead drawn into your sweetness, as if heavily intoxicated and only able to think about your lips. You moan and arch your back when he pulls on your bottom lip with his tongue and bites down gently.

"Ah," you whimper into his mouth, turning your head to the side as he trails down to suck on your neck. He latches onto your sweet spot, and you fist the bed sheets tightly, tension coursing through your body.

Dirty thoughts are running through your head as he works his way down your body; you're picturing Taehyung molded to you with no clothes on and running his large hands all over your skin, you're picturing yourself under his lean body as he makes you scream his name out of frustration. The images make you throb with desire, but the moment he tries in the real world, moving his hand to your back and pulling down your dress's zipper, you freeze in sudden fear.

Shifting his focus from your skin to your now opened eyes, he cautiously pulls back and frowns. Your cheeks turn pink in embarrassment, and you cover your face with your hands, letting out a small shriek when he tries to grab onto your wrist. "What is it this time?" he says half-genuinely and half-amusedly.

Your throat restricts your ability to speak, embarrassed to always be the one backing out and leaving Taehyung waiting. He, on the other hand, holds no disappointment, pleased to simply be in your presence and to have his hand under your clothes.

"Hmm?" He presses his forehead to yours and smirks, not letting you escape the gaze of his dark brown eyes.

"I-I..."

"Don't you want me to touch you?" he purrs teasingly against your cheek.

Yes.

Your chest rises and falls heavily, coming into contact with Taehyung's chest with every breath you take. He runs his fingers along the edge of your underwear and down your inner thigh, making you painfully wet between your legs. "Why can't you say anything, Sooyun?"

"I-I'm scared."

"Of what?"

"Of you seeing my body." You tear up with shame but quickly blink the feeling away. "I'm sorry."

His eyes soften and he brings his hand up to cup your cheek. "You don't want me to see you?"

No, that wasn't right. You wanted him to see you, you just didn't like what he'd see as a result of that: a body that's clearly not good enough to match with his own beauty.

And something even worse for you, all of this was happening out of wedlock. "Because...we're still like strangers to each other, and if you get to see all of me but I end up losing this competition, then I won't ever be pure again for someone else."

For someone else? That made Taehyung's jaw clench. He didn't want you to imagine being in bed with anyone other than him. "You don't have to worry about that, you're mine and only mine."

You swallow. "And...what if you don't like me anymore afterward?"

His brows furrow. "What?"

"What if you don't like how I look or ever want to be with me again when you realize I'm not good enough for you?" Your eyes sting, and the tears stream down your cheeks all too soon.

"W-What? Why would you think that?" He frowns with guilt. He made you cry again, and he wasn't even sure what he did.

"Because!" You cover your eyes with your arm. "You're perfect, and I'm not! Even if I was the most beautiful woman on the planet, I'm still a peasant. How can I ever feel comfortable revealing myself to the man who's about to become King!?"

"You are perfect, Sooyun." You huff. "Listen to me," he holds your hands and stares deeply into your eyes. "I don't care if you're a peasant, I don't care how much money you have or what your worth is to the other royal family, I don't give a shit. All that matters to me is that you're you, and to me, you're perfect and beautiful in every single way possible. I know I'm selfish, but I want to see your entire body so I can hold that over every other person on this planet that's just seen your face. I want to touch places no one else ever has. I want your trust."

Your eyes well up with tears again, and you sniffle with a distorted smile. "At least let me be ugly when I'm crying."

"Never," he breaths before taking your lips in a deep kiss and then giving light pecks all over your face. You giggle as his lips blot away any remaining tears off of your cheeks, and you wrap your arms around his neck to support yourself. "Beautiful," he says before pecking your lips. "Beautiful," he says before pecking your nose. "Beautiful," he says before pecking both of your eyelids.

You giggle and sigh contently, giving a fond smile to the man on top of you. For a second, you just stare into his eyes, count the tiny sparkles surrounded by comforting darkness, and you kiss his lips softly.

Thank you, You think.

Thank you for giving me your comfort, thank you for being patient with me, thank you for appreciating me and reminding me of my worth.

Thank you for reminding me of who I am.

To be Continued...

(A/N So there was initially going to be a lot more happening in this chapter but then I got really soft kajsjsjd and it got too long so here we are now. Thank you for reading 💜)