Pt. 1 Ch. 2

Shawn Mendes. April 16th 2018

I woke up feeling a bit groggy and turned myself over to shut off my alarm. I picked up my phone and noticed it was about nine in the morning and I groaned. I had to be in the studio in two hours and I was not in the mood to get up.

I sat up and noticed I had a bunch papers scattered over my bed, how on earth did I sleep with this mess?

I cleaned the bed off and put my music sheets back into my folder before grabbing a change of clothes and walking into the bathroom. I shut the door, got undressed and hopped into the shower.

I couldn't stop thinking about the events of last night, was I really going to call her? Break her heart again? What was I thinking? I shook off my thoughts of her and proceeded to wash my hair.

"But what if I don't want to find someone else?" I asked her, letting the tears flow down my face. I didn't want to let her go, she was my best friend, my everything.

She sighed, her breath shaky and her face flushed with tears. It pained me to see her cry but it was my fault. "I'm sorry Shawn, I can't be the reason to hold you back, this is the best for the both of us. You need to be happy and so do I, we knew this wasn't going to work out."

I swallowed the lump in my throat and wiped the tears off of her cheek. "Well Shae, even ten years from now, if you haven't found somebody, I promise I'll be around. I hope you know that," I held her one last time before she would forget about me forever.

I let out a shaky breath and leaned against the wall while the water dripped down my face, it's been a few months but she was constantly on my mind and it hurt me to the point where I'd break down in my hotel room and cry. That's all I wanted to do right now but I had a busy day today.

I turned the water off and stepped out of the shower before drying myself off and getting dressed. I walked out of the bathroom and walked over to where I left my notes. I picked one up and continued from where I left off from last night.

My minds still wrapped around you.
Baby tell me when you're ready, I'm waiting
Baby any time you're ready, I'm waiting
Even ten years from now, if you haven't found somebody, I promise I'll be around

The door then opened and I looked up from my notepad and Andrew walked in. He gave me a small smile before talking, "Shawn buddy, I've been calling you for 20 minutes we have to get to the studio in 10. Are you okay?" 

I looked over at the clock on the wall and he was right. I haven't realized I've been writing for that long. I sighed and ran a hand threw my hair, tugging at the ends, hoping this pain would go away.

I felt an arm pat my back and I looked up at Andrew, "Uh yeah I'm fine, just tired. I'm sorry, I didn't realize the time," I quickly apologized and picked up my notes and put them into my bag. "No need to apologize Shawn, now hurry before we're late." He smiled and held open the door, I made sure I had everything before walking out into the hall.

We stepped into the elevator giving me time to check my phone,

From Aaliyah🌷: Guess who's coming to visit!!!

I smiled and quickly sent a reply back.

To Aaliyah🌷: Please tell me ur going to say you guys are!