"Why are you out of bed?" he asked, his voice deep and husky from sleeping so well earlier. I put my hand over his and offered the smallest of smiles.

"Couldn't sleep." Yoongi's eye narrowed slightly. It wasn't in a judging or annoyed way. He was simply seeing straight through my half-truth. It was true, I couldn't sleep. But that was my simple answer. I wasn't going to tell him why I couldn't sleep, what I was thinking about, how I just wanted to fall into a coma to stop my mind racing with such awful thoughts. I didn't have the heart to see him upset because of me.

"How long have you been up?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Not sure." An hour; I had been up over an hour. I had been standing in front of that mirror staring at my dull body and finding very single thing I hated about myself for an hour; not sleeping soundly with the man I love. Yoongi sighed softly and squeezed me gently in his strong arms. He closed his eyes and pressed his nose against my hair, taking in a deep breath to smell me without shame.

"Come back to bed, baby." I shuddered as Yoongi called me that certain nickname he uses to cloud my judgement. I can't resist it, and he knows that.

The way he calls me "baby" just... it makes me want to melt. The way his words flow is like honey; smooth and hypnotic. His warm breath fanning over my skin, his hands touching me in all the right places, his lips barely grazing my body... how could I not react?

Yoongi didn't smirk. He didn't laugh. He didn't even chuckle. He only waited patiently for me to respond. And that wasn't like him at all.

He has always loved to see me shiver from his words. The way he can make me feel all kinds of pleasure just by breathing causes his ego to boost to ten times its size. It brought him great satisfaction knowing that he had such a big effect on me. Though in that moment, he didn't let it show. He was using his ability to lure me away from my own personal prison that I had put myself into. I wasn't sure if I should be annoyed or relieved. But I knew he was helping in the way he knew how to; hold me close and shield me from all the pain I was putting myself through.

I nodded my head and put my hand over Yoongi's in reassurance. He finally showed a small hint of a smile before he took my hand in his and led me out of the bathroom and into our bedroom. He guided me through the dark and let me crawl on to the bed, sliding under the covers waiting for him to join me. He slid in next to my body and laid on his side to be face to face with me.

We laid there in silence as he watched me carefully, reading my emotions better than I ever could. His eyes scanned my face and stared deep into my eyes to search for answers to his unspoken questions. What was I thinking? What was I feeling? When was I going to finally find peace? He brought his massive hand up and touched my temple with his fingers. He slowly dragged them down the side of my face; eyebrow, eye, cheekbone, cheek, jawline, chin, lips. His index finger settled on my bottom lip while he stared at the slightly chapped skin.

"So precious... so beautiful..." I could feel heat creep up my neck from his deep Daegu dialect saying such sweet things. He smiled as he noticed my cheeks starting to tint a dark red color. Yoongi cupped my cheek in his hand and swept his thumb across the skin. He looked deep into my eyes like he was trying to find some part of me that would listen to him. I felt my heart flutter as he leaned closer and pressed his lips against mine. I closed my eyes, taking in the intoxicating smell of roses and him. It was so addicting and so wonderful.

Yoongi's lips moved slowly against mine. He took his time, not making the pace any faster than it started out. It was gentle, tender, sweet. It made me calm. It relaxed every part of my body, and he knew that.