Chapter 2: New Friends and Meeting a Rival part 2

Start from the beginning

"Hang in there, guys. Growlithe, I need you to dodge then use the move you've been working on the last week. Use Iron Tail. Magikarp, use a splash to get in the air and give it a power Tackle!"

Both Pokémon moved in harmony, making the Pidgeotto frustrated at the speed they were going. Conall was moving around it on the ground with his tail glowing silver and the fish was under the water, presuming to make some force behind his splash to jump higher.

Both Pokémon lunged and Pidgeotto managed to dodge Poseidon's Tackle, but took a strong hit from Conall's Iron Tail, making it screech in pain. Ashley gritted her teeth together in thought. The air was what the Pidgeotto excelled in. Other than the ground, well it wouldn't turn the battle around in her favour. She just had to get it on the ground somehow.

She looked at her Pokémon closely. Conall was breathing a bit, huffing in exertion but, as thanks to training the last week, he was doing fine. Her Poseidon looked as though he wasn't as tired; probably had to do with being so close to evolving and had much more experience than Conall.

Now, if Poseidon evolved during the battle, the kid before her would have to rethink everything. She just had to get the Pidgeotto to attack in their favour. Both of her Pokémon looked at her and nodded. They were ready for what she had planned.

"Conall, use Ember and spread it throughout the air like a tidal wave. Poseidon, full blown Tackle. Use Splash to get yourself high into the air, full power!" She said firmly.

The kid before her was panicking to himself. If they continued attacking as one and keep hitting on target, he would loose and be humiliated. He could not let that happen. He then looked to the Magikarp flopping around uselessly in the water. Why she had that Pokémon, he had no clue; they were weak, only useful to fill the stomach of bigger, more stronger Pokémon.

Now, if he got rid of one Pokémon on her side, the battle would be easier on his Pokémon; his Pidgeotto was getting real worn out. "Pidgeotto, attack that Magikarp. Get rid of it!" He shouted.

The bird Pokémon did as told. It flapped its wings and took a dive down into the water with its claws outstretched. It ffectively snatched the fish and flew in the air about fifty feet in the air, over the ground instead of the water.

Ashley clenched her hands in fear for Poseidon. She wanted to call off the battle, but she wanted to help her Pokémon win it at the same time. But it wasn't worth getting her Pokémon severely hurt in the process. Just as she was getting ready to call off the battle, her Poseidon bellowed out loud as the bird let him go, falling towards the ground at a fast rate. Her Pokémon started glowing brightly.

The shine was all over and he started to get bigger. His tail got longer and she grinned in relief. Her Poseidon evolved, just in time to save himself from crashing into the ground. Poseidon landed on the ground neatly with a thud, the glow leaving his body as he roared loudly at his opponent.

The kid before them shivered at the Gyarados in fear. He totally forgot that Magikarp evolved into this Pokémon. How she got one so close to its evolution without using the proper fishing rod he would never know. What he did know, was that this battle was now over for sure.

Ashley smirked at her opponent across from her. "Now, let's finish this battle, guys. Poseidon, use Bite. Conall, jump and use Iron Tail."

Both of her Pokémon complied with her order. Moving as one, Poseidon bit the bird on its wings, making it screech in pain and fall slightly from the air. Conall lit his tail up in silver and ran towards the Pidgeotto at a breakneck speed. He hit it full power on the chest, knocking it out, basically ending the battle for them.

Ashley grinned happily at her first battle. She ran to her Pokémon and hugged Poseidon who purred loudly at her affections. Conall was next to her feet sitting, huffing with a proud grin. "You guys did it; our very first battle. We won. I'm so proud of you two." She said happily.

She was shocked for a minute when she heard a frustrated groan and turn to see the kid she battled before returning his Pidgeotto and getting ready to leave.

He stopped suddenly and turned his head to face her, she could see his brown eyes glaring at her. "You may have won, but there will be other battles where you could fail your Pokémon for sure. Then you'll see what it would be like to be humiliated." He said coldly, ignoring her Pokémon growling at him in warning and left the field before they could say anything else.

She turned to Misty who was holding herself warily, watching Poseidon. "Don't worry Misty, Poseidon won't hurt you; you're a friend." She said cheerfully, ignoring what the boy from before said.

Misty just gave her a look, nodded but stayed where she was.

Ashley shrugged her shoulders and turned to her Pokémon. "Alright guys, after seeing how well you did in our first battle, it's time to up our training the next week before we finally go meet our Gym battle in Pewter City. Hopefully, along the way we could catch more Pokémon. If we do, I want you two to help out by helping train them in speed and strength where I won't be able to achieve. Right now, we'll take a break and then by the week is over, we'll head on to Viridian City to rest and restore our supplies. We ready?" She said, her tone firm but excited.

Both of her Pokémon roared in agreement to her plans and unknown to Ashley, Misty was watching her in awe. She was glad she made friends with this girl; she would become really strong if she stayed on the path she was currently on.

Maybe she could help her grow along the way like a sister would. She grinned and nodded to herself. She would definitely help wherever she was needed and help keep away some perverts. Like that certain Pewter City Gym Leader, Brock.