Chapter 2: New Friends and Meeting a Rival part 2

"Hey, any of you wanna battle?" He asked.

Ashley looked at Misty who nodded at her as she stepped forward. "I'll battle you." She said.

The kid grinned at her but blushed when he realized how pretty she looked. Misty glared at the boy and made a warning sound that he noticed and backed off. He grabbed a Poké Ball out of his belt and threw it in the air. A Rattata came out.

Ashley looked to Conall. "Want to battle, buddy?" Conall gave her a bark and jumped in front of her in a battle stance, growling. This made the opponent's Rattata shiver a little.

"Alright Rattata, use Tackle attack!" He shouted.

"Dodge and use Ember, Conall." She calmly but loud enough for her starter to hear. Conall followed the command, bending his back legs for a harder push. He effectively got out of the way of the Tackle and blew out fireballs at the Rattata who screeched at being scorched.

The kid across from her growled at his Pokémon's pain and shouted: "Rattata, use Hyper Fang!"

Ashley gaped in shock and heard her friend gasp. Rattata froze and turned to glare at his trainer. "Your Rattata is too young to know that move. It cannot use it." Ashley said in a curt tone as she carefully watched the kid's reaction.

He was glaring at her, hands fisted into a clench. Apparently, with her having a Growlithe on her team, he knew he was going to lose, so he wanted to prevent that. "Fine, how bout you battle two of my Pokémon at once?" He said.

Ashley gave him an incredulous look. "Are you crazy?!" She said angrily.

He smirked at her. "Are you admitting defeat then?" He said mockingly.

Ashley growled and looked at Conall. He gave her a determined look and turned towards Poseidon who she had almost forgotten was still present. She turned back to the kid before her. "Alright fine, bring your other Pokémon out. We can have a double battle. I'll be using my Poseidon, meaning Magikarp." She answered him.

He just looked at her and then started laughing. "Oh come on, are you serious? A Magikarp? Man whatever, this will be easy. Come on out, Pidgeotto!"

Ashley gave out a look of alarm at the Pokémon that came out. it was a bit bigger than necessary for their species of Pokémon. But she looked closer, it didn't look good; no muscle as far as her eyes could see. So combined with strategy and strength, it would possible for them to beat the arrogant kid and his Pokémon.

"Alright, let's do this, guys. Conall, use Ember and Bite on that Rattata, Poseidon, use Splash and give that Pidgeotto a Tackle, full power!" She said sternly.

The Pokémon started moving as one.

Her Growlithe jumped up in the air, puffing out balls of flame which hit the Rattata at once. He then moved in close and clamped his jaws around the Rattata's neck. The Rattata cried out in pain and, due to the power of the Ember and Bite, fainted, swirls in its eyes. Poseidon flopped around a bit in the water and used his tail to jump into the air. He rushed at the bird Pokémon and hit it with a hard attack that made the Pidgeotto a little daze for about a second.

The dazed look didn't last long, however, so the bird Pokémon immediately went up high in the air out of both Poseidon and Conall's reach.

"Pidgeotto, use Gust!" He shouted.

The bird Pokémon before them made to move its wing, hard. Ashley nearly gaped in shock at how the wind of Gust looked so powerful when the Pidgeotto didn't look like it. Must have been its wings he was working on instead its build. She thought.