"Jacob, do you know Achilles Tolliver or was that after Queenie enchanted you?"

"What, the guy Tina started dating the week after that magazine came out?"

"So you do remember," Newt sighed in relief.

"I remember everything up until just after Tina went off to hunt for Credence about a month ago. Then everything gets fuzzy."

"Well, what do you know about him?"

Jacob raised his eyebrows. "Jealous?"

Newt blushed. "I -- I just want to know. Tina got a letter from him and I was wondering what he was like."

"I've only met him a few times. Tina and Queenie didn't want to let any magical people see me since I was supposed to Obliviated and when I did meet him it was only at the bakery and I had to act like I wasn't associated with them," Jacob explained. "Anyway, he's tall, he's got dark hair . . . he's handsome."

Newt glanced down at the floor. Jacob's description upset him. If it's accurate, he thought, then I have no hope. How would she ever consider me when she's got him. He's tall, he's good looking, he's an Auror . . . he's got a lot more in common with her than I do.

"He's a bit insensitive, though," Jacob continued. "He tends to speak his mind and say things that could be considered hurtful. Queenie always said that there were two kinds of people: takers and givers. She said that takers needed to be with takers and givers need to be givers. She said that a taker would completely drain a giver, taking everything from them and leaving them empty, but if two takers are together, they keep taking everything from each other and neither of them is left needing anything. However, when two givers are together they keep giving everything to each other but, since they're also receiving everything from the other, they are never left empty."

Newt nodded, blushing slightly. He remembered what Queenie had said to him the year before, about how Leta was a taker and he needed a giver. I guess that makes me a giver, he realized.

"Anyway," Jacob said. "Queenie said that Tolliver was a taker and that Tina was a giver and that they didn't fit well together. She said the relationship was leaving Tina emotionally drained."

Newt's blush deepened. He looked away, trying to hide it. He suspected Jacob knew though. Tina came into the room and Newt felt his face grow even warmer. He quickly got her some food and set it on the table. She sat down and began picking through it. 

"I'm not hungry," she said when she noticed Newt's worried expression. He took a seat beside her.

"I'm sure you're not but you need to eat. Please."

Tina sighed and slowly began to eat. Newt watched her the whole time, making sure she was eating enough. When she finally finished her food he took her plate and washed it. When he turned around, she was gone.

Newt went downstairs and glanced up at the landing below the Augurey nest. Sure enough, Tina was sitting there, a vacant expression on her face. Whatever she had dreamt the night before had really shaken her. He decided to quickly feed his creatures before trying to speak to her.

When he was done, he climbed up to her. She shifted over slightly and he took a seat. "Do you want to tell me about your dream?" he asked cautiously.

Tina shrugged. "Not really. It was just about Queenie. I dream about her every night now. I don't know why last night was worse."

They sat there in silence for several minutes. Newt shifted his position slightly, his hand brushing against Tina's. He blushed and pulled his hands into his lap. 

"What's in the lake?" Tina asked presently.

"Uh -- that's my Kelpie. He's kind of temperamental, that's why I don't usually let people near him but I can show him to you if you want."

Tina nodded. They got to their feet and made their way over to the lake.

"Wait here," Newt said, pulling off his vest and handing it to her. She looked confused as he rolled up his sleeves so he grinned at her mischievously before jumping backward into the lake.

The Kelpie sawm up to him and he grabbed on, pulling himself onto its back. He quickly gained control of the beast and guided him up to the surface.

"Here he is, Tina," Newt said, as he climbed off the creature's back. He grabbed a chunk of meat from a nearby bucket and tossed it to the Kelpie. It gulped it down then dived back into the water.

Newt cast a spell to dry his clothes and smiled at Tina. She offered him a small smile in return.

"I'm sorry I can't keep him above the surface for longer but, like I said, he's temperamental."

"He's amazing," Tina said. "I really love all your creatures. They're all so beautiful."

Newt's smile widened. He always liked it when someone said they liked magical creatures but somehow hearing it from Tina was even more special.

"Can I hug you?" he asked before he could stop himself.

Tina smiled. "Of course," she said quietly. "As long as you're dry."

Newt chuckled and took a step towards her. She pulled him into a hug and he held onto her, enjoying the feeling of having her so close.

I wish it could always be like this, he thought. 

Maybe one day it can.

A/N: Yay! I wrote this entire chapter this morning. I hope you enjoyed. Please vote and comment.

Now I've got to get ready for church. I didn't go to Sabbath School but the Chorale is singing for church so I've got to go. The thing is, we don't really know the words to the song. At least we don't have to wear our uniform since we'll be in it all evening for the concert.

Have a good day!

Bye!