-an invitation to flirt-

            Ana’s phone buzzed in her hand. Puzzled, she glanced at it momentarily, to be rewarded with a flashing notification. Her curiosity piqued, she opened it quickly and scanned the contents of the message, which read simply:

            Island getaway, meet us at the outside of Jake’s house~ bella.

            Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Bella must have felt indebted to her after the scene a few months ago at the club. Since then, nothing important had happened, and the Nobilis had ignored her, more or less. She replied quickly, not wanting to endanger their tentative truce.

            I’ll be there. Give me a few minutes.

            Hurriedly throwing clothes into a small luggage case, she made sure to pack all of her essentials and left a quick note for her mother. It read, going to a vacation with the Nobilis. I’ll be back soon. It’s not like she really cared anyways- as long as Ana went anywhere with the group of five, she was fine with it.

            Pulling up smoothly by Jake’s driveway, she looked up at the Victorian style mansion and grimaced slightly when she saw Remy hurrying towards her car. “I didn’t know you were coming,” he stated, glancing briefly at her suitcase beside her.

            Ana shrugged slightly. “I didn’t know either, until a few minutes ago, when Bella emailed me.”

            “Bella emailed you?” he repeated, amazed.

            Ana tried to play it cool, knowing that Remy was completely clueless to the fact that she had helped her that day, months before. “Yeah, and?” she threw back at him.

           He frowned a bit and shook his head. “Nothing, just a bit surprised,” he muttered the last bit under his breath. She rolled her eyes and got out of the car smoothly, pulling her luggage along with her. “Here, I’ll take that,” he reached quickly for the handle.

            “Who knew? Remy Herrington can actually be a gentleman,” Ana drawled sarcastically as she let him take it.

            He shook his head, a small smile playing on his face. “You’re ridiculous, Ana.”

            She smiled too, and reached up to mess with his hair. “Where is the rest of your group?” she questioned suddenly.

            “Inside waiting,” was his brief reply.

~flirt~

            “So where exactly are we going?” Ana whispered to Annalise as she followed them to their private jet.   

            “No one told you?” Annalise regarded her with an air of confusion. She shook her head.

            “No, all I received was an email from Bella asking me to come and meet you guys at Jake’s house,” she showed her the message.

            “Bella told you to come?” Annalise gave her the same look of incredulity that Remy had earlier. Ana supposed it was a sibling thing.

            Again, she had to play it cool. “Yeah, she did. How did she get my email anyways?”

            Annalise rolled her eyes. “Haven’t you figured it out yet? We can pretty much get anything,” she teased.