Chapter 1

(RPOV)

"Love fades... mine has."

I don't know what shocked me more. The fact that he said that, or the fact that he actually believes it.

Well, it is obvious that he doesn't need or want me around now that he has the perfect little precious princess Lissa. The person who was supposed to support me and be my best friend.

But I guess that was just until someone better came along. Which with Dimitri at her side I guess she thinks has happened.

So they both want me gone, well then FUCK the both of them.

I looked into his eyes and although I couldn't hide my tears, I wasn't about to let them fall either.

"Very well, if that is your wish." I just couldn't avoid one last jab. "I hope that you have fun fucking Lissa, Tasha and any of the other royal moroi sluts that will spread their legs for you. And becoming the man whore that you have always accused my cousin Adrian of being." With those parting words I stood up and walked away. Tears threatened to fall but I refused to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry, I refused to let him know that he had finally broken me.

I walked out of the church and straight to my real mother. Something no one but our closest, blood family, knew about.

"Can I help you Guardian Hathaway?" Guardian Dale Jones asked me.

"Could you tell her that I need to talk to her."

"Of course." He did not know why, but he knew that secretly Tatiana and I loved each other very much.

"Your majesty, Rose is here to see you."

"Let her in please."

"Of course, your majesty."

I walked in and as soon as we were alone my tears fell.

"Oh my Rose, what's wrong?" She asked as she ran to my side and took me into her, warm and loving, motherly embrace.

"He hates me mama, he thinks that it was all Lissa that saved him." I sobbed as I stood inside the arms of my mother.

"She has got all of court, all of our world, thinking that she was the one that saved him. Every time that I get near him she screams at me, she cusses me out,  she berates and belittles me, she has even slapped me a few times. She tells me that he doesn't love, or need me anymore now that he has her. I don't know what to do mama." I sobbed into her chest.

"Oh, my little Rose, love is a difficult thing sometimes. I know that you're having to pretend to be a dhampir is hurting you, but you don't have to pretend anymore. You are eighteen now, and soon you will take your rightful place in the world. I also know that they have both hurt you, but he has hurt you more because you love him. So tell me what do you need me to do baby?"

"I want to hurt them mama, I want to hurt them just as much as they have hurt me. I want them to hurt just as much as I do. I want them to know how it feels to have someone rip your heart and soul out and throw it on the floor and stomp it into dust. But he has been through so much that I can't do that to him. I know that he doesn't really mean to hurt me. He's just still sooo hurt, upset and guilt ridden over what that monster did with his body while he was possessed by the strigoi. And he doesn't know how to make his way past all of that."

"I understand. I will call in the family, then we will make a decision on what to do. First let me ask you something, do you still love him Rose?"

"With every beat of my heart." I sobbed.

"Alright, sit right here and I will be right back." I nodded.

(TPOV)

I realize that the boy is hurt, scared and upset. But that is no reason for him to treat my daughter like dirt. She went through hell for that man, and he has never once thanked her. He has laid all the praise and thanks at the feet of the soiled little bitch Princess Dragomir. Just like most of our entire world has.