Two

I felt blood soaking into my fur as they stared into my eyes, I was too weak to fight. Nor did I really want to. I weakly moved my head, hearing the safety click off their guns. I ignored the sound and licked the bracelet, cleaning it up like I do everyday.

"Vait, isn't dat the bracelet ve gave Kat?" Wanda whispered, my eyes dulling as I rolled onto my uninjured side and closed my eyes.

At least they're safe.

"Didnt Hydra have papers about a verevolf?" Pietro whispered, they looked at me and then back to each other.

"Shift mutt!" Pietro hissed, placing the gun to my head. My lungs burned, as did the bullet wounds but I don't mind. I opened my eyes and groaned softly, shifting again. Pain ran along my body and I panted softly, rolling onto my stomach to calm down the pain. Tears lined the edge of my vision and made everything blurry, but I could smell their surprise.

"What are you two doing here?! Where's the wolf?" I heard, cautiously lifting my head and my eyes to see an archer.

"Is the girl safe?"  I whispered, staring at the stone wall of my cave.

"Ja." Wanda stated, a smile tugged onto my face.

"Good." I giggled. Heat stabbed behind my eyes as I shifted and pumped for the archer. As expected he moved out of the way. I jumped directly out of my cave and pivoted, jumping onto the top and sprinting as fast as I could. The pain burned but I passed it by as it dulled.

I weaved between the trees, spotting the familiar blue streak of my brother.

Let's see who wins this time?

I jumped over a waterfall and shifted, diving under the freezing water. I swam up to the surface and took a breath, quickly swimming to the edge. I got out and shook the water off, running as fast as I could as Pietro managed to get down. Everything was so slow.

But I can't let them catch me, they're different now. They'd probably beat me for not finding them. I can't handle that right now, never could.

I just need to lose them, then I can go back to my normal life.