Four

It's always so cold here.

Then again without fur it's cold everywhere. Sitting up I glanced around, my only company being a family of bats taking refuge from the sun blazing outside. They were nice at least. A baby fell onto my stomach, screeching out in pain.

"Shhhh ahhhhh it's okay." I cooed, gently picking it up and cradling it. I looked up for it's mom but none seemed to even notice the baby. I looked at the wing as it clung to my thumb, it didn't look right and he poor baby was screeching. Poor thing.

Standing up I kept it near my chest, wrapping myself in one of the hides as I turned to the exit. Let's hope they don't find me.

Stepping out I headed for the brush immediately, patting around for what I needed. Sheesh why are they so hard to find?? Ugh. Annoying.

After a.... While, I finally found a straight enough twig. Now cobwebs and vines. Maybe miss? But that might get it infected-

Let's just work with the webs and vines. At least those are easy.

Walking over to a tree I gently cut away a few smaller vines, sticking my finger in a abandoned web and wrapping it around my claw. I mentally built up the courage and gently snapped the bone back in place. The baby's screams hurt my ear and it's healthy wing smacked my face but I eventually calmed it down. I feel horrible.

Wrapping the wound in the webbing I placed the splint next to the wing, wrapping it with the vines in a way that it wouldn't hurt too bad but kept the wing closed. Oh poor thing is gonna hate me.

Eventually the bat calmed enough to sleep, clinging to my shirt I headed back to the cave. I don't think they're near, otherwise they would have came. Thank goodness honestly. Can't deal with them while protecting a child.