it's him, it's him

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yoongi!" Jimin almost screamed, and in that moment, Taehyung wondered if his parents room was actually right above his or if that was just a myth. If they were, they got one hell of a wake up call. "What about us?" Jimin said, gesturing between each other with one small finger.

"First of all, I said worst. Doesn't mean I think it's a good idea. Second," Yoongi paused to wiggle his eyebrows at Jimin, "I said marry. Doesn't mean we can't fuck on the side."

Jimin turned bright red and Taehyung pulled a pillow up to his face. "Ew!" he yelled, then proceeded to hit the couple with his pillow. "Go be gross somewhere else, lovebirds!"

Jimin and Yoongi made Taehyung feel happy.

----------------------------------------------

A formal knock on the door caused Jeongguk to look up from his extra work. Jeongguk, from his position on the floor, could just barely see Hoseok share a silent look with his stepmother, asking if he should get the door or not. Another sterner knock rapped against the door and Jeongguk's stepmother stood up to get it.

When the door opened, Jeongguk could see a pair of expensive black shoes and proper blue pants. He heard a deep voice speak in a strict tone, sounding like one of the guards that would stand outside of the palace. When Jeongguk moved so he could see the man better, he realized he was a guard from the palace, if the crest on his uniform was anything to go by.

"Hello, Miss. I've been informed there are boys over the age of 18 in this household. Is this true?" The guard spoke in short, concise phrasing. He reminded Jeongguk of his neighbor-friend, Namjoon.

"Yes, there are!" His mother said in her sickly sweet voice she uses with rich strangers.

"Alright." The man pulled a card out of his breast pocket and handed it to Jeongguk's stepmother. "There is a ball tomorrow night. It is for the current prince, Kim Taehyung, to find a suitor." Jeongguk covered his little gasp. Anyone could have a chance to be with Prince Taehyung and become the king? "Dress is formal. Masks are required. I wish your boys luck, have a good day." The guard bowed a little and walked away before he could hear a response.

"Boys!" Jeongguk's stepmother shouted. His stepbrothers sat up immediately. She smiled an evil smile and crossed her arms.

"You have a prince to win over."

-------------------------------------------

Jeongguk usually loved being home alone, but not today.

His only wish was to be at the ball. Hoseok had been dragged along (something about him being a butler), so Jeongguk had no one to talk to. His only available tasks were the many chores he had to do, so he tried to pull a straight face and work.

Of course, that didn't stop him from singing while working. In their nights, Hoseok would occasionally ask Jeongguk to sing quietly for him. Hoseok would say how he sounded like their mother, how amazing his voice is, how he wishes she could hear it.

Being home alone was the one time he could sing to himself. Jeongguk lightly sang a small tune he had heard some villagers singing earlier; a sweet song with a lilting melody that would sound good to anyone's ears. He tried to sing the song to lift his spirits but he was still disappointed about everyone leaving him for the ball, so the melody became melancholy and broken. As he swept the floors and tended the garden, his grievous song became louder, loud enough someone nearby could hear it.

Someone heard it. He was well known throughout the village for being a little crazy in the mind- he tended to not do what people expected of him and instead do the opposite. He wasn't rich, he had barely enough money to live on the streets, but that didn't really matter to him. Jeongguk had become acquainted with him through small actions. He would help him carry something, or maybe sneak him some leftover food. The crazy man was what Jeongguk would call a friend.