Chapter 1

I am Medusa – the terrifying monster that everyone knows and despises. It IS true that a look at my eyes or my hair will turn you into stone. I despise men. A man was what made me into what I am. I used to be the most beautiful girl in my town. When I walked by, I was always praised by the women that looked at me. Now no one can. How did I look before I was cursed? I had full cobalt blue eyes, caramel hair with champagne highlights and natural wavy hair, blood red lips with pale skin. 

I was raised up with a family where I was loved. My parents were young when they had me. Other people said that they were blessed with a daughter that was so striking and beautiful. I had another sister. She hated me and got jealous because of my beauty. I tried being nice, but she was just mean. We also had a Golden Retriever, she would be always there for me even though she couldn’t respond to my problems. I always have had big dreams. I would love to become a vet when I am an adult as a lot of people don’t do research on their pet and the pet and themselves will suffer.

 My sister and I always got into fights, and she would ALWAYS blame it on me when actually she started EVERYTHING. And I am the one to blame at last. She’s always getting on my nerves. I just can’t stand her. She fights about everything, literally. Once we even fought about hair products. I think no one can live with her, she’s THAT unbearable! I would always find Athena’s temple and pray there to find my peace. Athena was the God of Wisdom, so I did. I thought she was very pretty. Why didn’t my sister get jealous of her? She’s like, ten times prettier than I am. Her temple was always decorated with bright decorations. They would always change although no one takes care of the temple. I found that very abnormal. After praying, I would pick the Greek mythology books up and read about Athena’s. She is truly an amazing goddess, I admire her.

While walking out, I tripped and bumped onto someone else.

“I’m sorry,” I said

“No it’s okay.”

My face went cherry red when I saw him. The man was exceptionally charming. He wore a loose white shirt with normal ripped jeans, had sea-blue eyes that were simply just captivating. Even though he was wearing a loose shirt, I could see his chiseled body. He must’ve worked out a lot. His abs would be – why am I even thinking of this? I don’t like him.. Or do I?

“Hi, my name’s Neptune,”

“Neptune? That’s odd. Never met someone named after a planet. Well, I’m Medusa.”

“You look beautiful, Medusa.”

“Thank you,” as I said I smiled.

How do I even look attractive? I’m just wearing a shirt with a dog on it and short pants.

“Where are you from?”

Not far away from the city, Alixter street.

“Oh, really? I live there too!”

“Wow. Wait.. If you live there, then.. Why have I never seen you before?”

“I just moved in.”

“Oh, I see.”

There was something suspicious going on. “I just moved in?” People should have started talking about someone moving in. 

“I see you didn’t bring any offerings?”

“How about we go to town and buy some offerings?”

I said nothing but nodded in agreement.

Should I trust this man? He’s a total stranger.. Whatever. He looks hot and he’s nice.