Charlie's intuition

Depuis le début

"Okay, this is the last question. Are you happy?" he asked and Lisa looked up quickly. Her eyes glassy and her face speaking in so many languages of hurt "No."

And with that, the tape ended. Charlie stared at the monitor, her eyes focusing on the woman's face.

"I don't know. Something's up with her. I mean there is something wrong.  But she seems more guilty, you know?" Charlie murmured.

Castiel looked at her a bit confused, not knowing what she was up to "guilt?" he asked and the red-haired woman nodded "Yes. Usually, people who got cheated at show disgust and pain, but all she was looking like was guilt. Like she was the wrong here." "Probably because she could have to do anything about it to change it," Castiel replied and Charlie just shrugged "Probably. But I will follow that hint. Call it intuition, but something is up with her and I will find out what it is."

Castiel watched his partner rolling with her chair through the room to open her laptop and start typing something.

"What are you doing now?" he asked her, leaning back in his seat and watching her confused.

"I will hack myself into the hospital and become her coworker. She is a nurse. There is a lot of gossips there." She chuckled.

"This is not Grey's anatomy." Castiel sighed while letting her do. There was one thing the raven-haired man learned in the past few years and this was to trust Charlie's intuition.

Still, he was nervous about the first contact with that Dean Winchester.

The next day.

"I really don't know what's up with it," Castiel said in a low voice, struggling not to check the ten to ten ass in front of him.

Dean Winchester's upper body was checking his car's motor while his ass was having a good time under the look of Cas. The raven-haired man looked around the garage, doing everything not to be too distracted. "Yeah, I can see where's the problem here." the low voice of the man chimed.

Dean pulled himself up with a little part of his car, which he cleaned with a cloth, "oil residues blocked the working." He said simply. For the first time, Castiel understood a mechanic.

"So, it's alright now?" Castiel asked and Dean bowed back to the motor to install it back to its place. He pulled himself back up fast enough to see how fast Castiel turned away with his red cheeks.

"It's alright now. If there are any more problems, just come here anytime. We will take care of it." Dean said while cleaning his hands with another cloth, hanging on his overall.

"Alright, thank you. How many for the -" "No, man, " Dean interrupted, "I won't take money for a five-minute check."

Castiel looked at him with wide eyes "Then let me give you tips for this." "No, seriously," Dean said, holding up both hands and smiling at Castiel charmingly.

Cas felt his stomach turn. He didn't want to play this game, because right now he wasn't acting. He was himself here.

"Then let me invite you for beers or something. I can't go out here without having paid for anything" the raven-haired man said and Dean chuckled, looking down to his feet and scratching over his neck shyly.

"Come on, one beer," Cas said with a cool smooth in his voice, being impressed of himself and continuing with "it's not like I am asking you out. Just a beer as a thank you." he said with a chuckle and Dean smiled at him.

Castiel's stomach made another turn, how could someone be so beautiful?

"Okay, one beer." Dean said amused, "how about this evening?" he asked shifting from one foot to another with his sight lowered to their shoes again. Castiel watched him in wonder and nodded, "sure." he answered, hoping he won't look up anytime soon. In a short time span, in which Dean really didn't look up, the raven-haired man wrote his phone number into his notebook and ripped that paper out in one quick movement to put it on the nearest table.

"Okay, I - uh, I wrote my number on these, give me a call when you're free." Castiel breathed out and entered his car so fast he wondered how he was even able to. Dean just looked up and watched the man escaping from this awkward conversation. The sound of the squeaking tires made Dean chuckle. He grabbed for the paper with that man's number and looked at it with a smile.

"What are you smiling for?" the voice of his co-worker Benny chimed through the garage. Dean turned to look at the man with a mixed accent. "Oh, a stranger invited me for a drink because I told him he doesn't have to pay for the leak clearing," he explained and the blond man leaned on the working table with his arms crossed on his chest and a knowing smile on his lips "So, just as a thank you?" he asked his friend and Dean's cheeks turned red "Shut up, of course, it's just as a thank you. Don't think like that, man. I am a married man." he growled and Benny chuckled, shaking his head "You know, Dean. Andrea and I already had that conversation. It's time for both of you to admit that your marriage is officially over. I mean, when was the fight? You live with your uncle and your aunt for what? Two months? And before that, how long haven't you seen Lisa intimately, like just the both of you alone?"

Dean sighed, scratching the back of his neck in distress "So, you're saying I should try to move on while I am still officially married to her?" "I am not saying to jump in the intimacy of lovemaking with the next guy coming around the corner, pal. I am saying that you should go out, for once, to think about something else. I know you, you would have thrown that paper away and that guy could never pay you back with a beer." Benny chuckled the last words.

The brown-haired man looked at his friend carefully. He wasn't sure about all this.

Later that day on the early evening Dean was already changed into his everyday clothes. He was sitting on the bench in front of his locker at work and looked at the little paper in his hands. He was staring at the numbers on it and mouthed the name uncountable times until he finally took the phone out of his pocket and dialed the number.

With the phone on his ear, he waited for Castiel to pick up. His foot was drumming in an impatient matter. It took Castiel a bit too long to answer the call until Dean finally heard him say: "Hello?"

Dean sighed relieved and smiled to himself "Hey, uh, here's Dean, " he said, "you know, uh, the mechanic." he pressed his eyes closed about that weird need to mention who he was but felt happy to hear the other man chuckle.

"Yeah, I know. I recognized your voice. So, work's done?" he asked and Dean leaned back. He relaxed immediately, he had no big work with talking naturally.

"Yes, I just finished my shift and changed into normal clothes" he babbled and Castiel groaned sarcastically "What? Does that mean you don't come with your overall? Won't it look ridiculous?" the raven-haired man said and Dean smirked.

"It will and you have to deal with it." "Oh damn it, you know what? I just forgot that I have that thing to do, uh, you know, uh, that what could just work with overalls." Castiel joked and Dean's smile grew "Oh, yeah? How bad. So I can go to sleep now?" "No, no, no, no, no, why, no." Castiel rambled, "so, where are we meeting?"

Dean took a deep breath and tried to stop himself from smiling "How about the Roadhouse?" "The Diner? Why not. My old classmate's mother is the owner." Castiel said and Dean laughed "No way!" "Yes, way. Why are you laughing?" "Joanna Singer was your classmate?" "Yes, why?" Castiel asked amused.

"Jo is my cousin and Bobby my uncle," Dean explained and now it was Cas' turn to say "No way!" "Yes, way!" Dean answered and both chuckled.

"Okay, at the roadhouse at eight?" Castiel asked and Dean replied softly with an "At the Roadhouse at eight."

When they finally hung up it was a really hard time for Dean to puzzle why he didn't want to hang up the call. He could've stayed on the phone for a bit longer to talk. To listen more to the gentle voice which wasn't secretly judging him. Which joked around naturally.

The brown-haired man sighed as he got up and startled when he saw Benny standing in the doorframe with a big smile in his beardy face.

"What?" Dean asked.

"I didn't say anything," Benny said with a pout and walked inside to his locker, whistling the k-i-s-s-i-n-g song to paint Dean's face in a bright red.

"We don't- he doesn't- I won't-, urgh, shut up," he said before he left the staff room quickly.