"interesting~ I suppose I'll have some fun then Misaki!"

 he shouted as he charged towards us. throwing knifes in our detection. Yata was dogging and blocking faster than my eyes could follow. suddenly someone came from behind and grabbed me close to their body. 

"you lose Misaki! I got her hmm I wonder what I should do~" 

"Monkey let her go! she has nothing to do with our fight!" 

"is that so? but you seem to be rather attached to her~"

 he smirked and stared run a hand up the side of her body. 

"stop please." 

I looked at him he did nothing but smirk and continued his hand resting on the back of my neck. 

"so Misaki what are you gonna do~" 

"let go please Yata hel-"

 but I was cut off by a pair of lips on mine kissing me in a harsh way. I tried struggling but he kept me in a tight grip. keeping me in place. that's when Yata snapped. 

"SARUHIKO!!! how dare you! you will pay!" 

flames rising up high in the sky; while charging him. he grabbed y/n back keeping her close to him. he brought up a wall of flames in between the monkey and him and grabbed his skate bored and hopped on. 

"running away Misaki. you have become such a coward~"

 this made Yata stop for a second. 

'no. y/n is my first priority getting her back to the bar and to safety.' 

he heard a snickering behind him not too far away. 

'I'll just pay him back 20x more next time!' 

keeping y/n close to his body rapping his arms tightly around her he made his way back to the bar.

———————————————

They managed to lose Fushimi in one of the busy streets and make it back to the bar. no one was there and mr Kusanagi was in the back. so Yata just carried y/n up to her room and closed the door behind them. he set her on her bed than sat on the ground. 

"are you ok?"

 he looked at her. 

"yeah just surprised and kinda creeped out. why did he call you Misaki?" 

he flinched at the name 

"oh yeah that's my first name. I'm not very fond of it cause it sounds really girly." 

"hey can you write down the kanji for it?" 

he got over and walked to her desk and wrote the kanji down and gave it to her. you looked at it for a second. 

"I love your name. I think it fits you well." 

"the hell what do you mean by that?! it's a girls name!" 

"but look." 

you point at the kanji. 

"the way your names written as the word vanguard. the one that always is charging into battle. the one that's brave and takes on anything and helps lead us to victory. so I think you're name fits you well... and I like it also cause it's a part of you." 

He was blushing at this point. he never thought about what his name would mean. only that he was always teased about it cause it sounded like a girls. he closed his eyes and moved forward hugging y/n.  

"Yata what is it?" 

"heh for years I always hated my name. but somehow with a few sentences you made me actually for once be ok with it." 

you blushed. 

"so does that mean I can call you Misaki?" 

"yeah but only you and only when nobody's around I still got to look tough you know." 

he pulled back grinning. you smile then look down. 

"what's wrong?" 

"that guy he took my first kiss. he's also the pervert from the time I was moving my stuff to the bar." 

he clenched his fists listening to her. 

'I swear I'll make him pay!' were the words he thought of he sat down next to her. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you better. and because of that he took something precious to you. I'm so sorry but no matter what next time I'll do better and he'll pay for what he did!" 

I feel my Homra insignia heat up a little and my heart beat faster. looking at Yata with determination in his eyes. I can tell he means every word he says no lies. no nothing.  just the truth. I hug him he stiffened at first then relaxed. 

"thanks"

 was all I said.