Chapter 2

All I could remember was the look on his face, and the memory mixing with the sweet smell of cigarette smoke, champagne and the smell of the ocean mingling with the perfume that scattered all around us. I thought back on his sharp handsome features, and the woman beside him, the color of her cheeks and the cherry color that sat on her lips. They both had been spectacular looking people, I couldn't quite believe it. Within the confines of my dreams, I could not believe how my brain perverse such beautiful innocence into something exciting and passionate. My sweetest of dreams did not last as the pain that throbbed into my head began as if my mind was simply telling me to shut up and remain quiet for the remainder of my sleep. Sleep would not last.

I awoke to the large scurrying sound of a mouse like maid rushing through my room , opening all the windows and letting the sheer curtains rustle in the wind of the morning.The light filtered into my room to reveal simply how haphazardly I had arrived in my bed the night before. I didn't recall at all, The champagne had blurred my mind of events that transpired after a certain time the night before. My head throbbed protesting me lifting my tired body off the bed moving the silken sheets away from me. Everything felt as if death was reaching out with its clammy hands take me.

"Ms. Korra, Please it would be wise to get up, Its already past noon." The maid gave a small bow. "Ms. Zhu li is holding a brunch gathering with a few close acquaintances. She would like for you to attend."

I shoveled myself up out of bed ever so slightly but the nausea threatened to push me back to the downy feather covering. There was a large lump at the foot of my bed I could feel it but couldn't comprehend what lay there. I turned myself ever so slightly to find a lump of a boy at the foot of my bed caressing my foot board. I was startled as he gave a groan. I scampered back to the headboard in a slight panic. My panic subsided as the boy moved slightly once again and my mental functions began to return I discovered that it was not some odd boy that I had decided to pick up at the party last night, but a rather hungover Bolin who had much like my decided to crash down on my bed with me on early that morning when we had returned from Sato's party. The smell of champagne and smoke returned to my nose. Oh how sweet they had been, how beautiful they had been. Another mumble of Bolin drew me out of her fantasy as he began to kiss the foot board.

I stretched out my foot to nudge the sleeping boy.

"Bolin...." He gave a groan and rolled into the footboard some more. I made a face of frustration before nudging him a little harder.

"Bolin!"

He woke with a start before holding his head. I figured his brain was also probably questioning our decisions last night as well.

"Did you really have to kick me, Korra?" He asked slumping against the footboard. "I feel ill."

"Well so do I, but Zhu li is hosting a brunch and we can't sleep in forever. Go on."

"Why do I have to go-oh. You're going to get dressed." He muttered. " That wine messed with my head. I'll be going then." And with that he lifted himself and wobbled out of the room with the assistance of a maid who then shut the door behind them.

Sea air pushed in from the ocean carrying the familiar salty smell in, but also the smell of all the flowers in the garden. On those scents carried the sound of laughter and busy muttering and bumbling. Thinking back, I wish to never forget the smell of those summer days. It really was the happiest I had been in a long time.

With in a few moments I was walking down stairs in a fine suit that I had been told that suited me very well. I still didn't feel too well but I would march through it. Bolin met me down the stairs. He wore a very light earth color.