"You up?" She questions.

"Of course I'm up Brooke, if I wasn't I wouldn't have been able to pick up the phone." We both laughed noting my sarcasm.

"Alright, alright just checking-" I plug my headphones into my phone and pick up my purse from bed. "-anyways, I'm outside so hurry the f*ck up."

I smiled and hung up the phone. I placed my phone, charger as well as my portable charger, gum and lip balm in my small purse. My bare feet thump against the wooden stairs and I slipped on my vans when I got to the bottom. I open the hallway closet and pulled out the fall necessities. Grabbing my keys that were hung on a nail, I locked the door behind and headed to Brooke's old car.

It was a green 1969 Chevrolet Bel Air. Something her grandfather gave to her as a birthday present.

 Something her grandfather gave to her as a birthday present

"Get in loser, we're going to work." She exclaimed while turning the engine back on. I laughed at her Mean Girls reference. It's one of my favorite chic-flicks.

I hopped in the passenger seat and closed the door. I didn't bother to put on a seat belt, seeing as our job was no longer than a 10 minute drive. I took the liberty of turning on the radio but, the dial fell off. I giggled which made Brooke embarrassed.

"Listen Ivy, just use the plyers in the glove compartment." She said rolling her eyes.

I playfully punched her arm and opened the box, taking out the silver clamps. I twisted the skinny screw which was one covered by the dial. I skipped through the stations until I heard the beginning beats of Put Your Records On by Corrinne Rae. It was from 2006 and I'm pretty sure alot of people have heard it since then.

Brooke laughs.

"Oh my God! This brings back nostalgia." She says with a huge smile on her face.

At the same time, we started singing along to the lyrics,

"Three little birds sat on my window
And they told me I don't need to worry
Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet
Little girls, double-dutch on the concrete
Maybe sometimes we got it wrong, but it's all right
The more things seems to change, the more they stay the same
Ooo, don't you hesitate-"

Suddenly a black van appears out of no where.

"Brooke, watch out!" I yell making her swerve our car to avoid hitting the van. The car skids aganist the black pavement and I grip the handle above the window. I squeeze my eyes shut until we come to a stop.

"Ivy it's okay, we're okay." Brooke assured me while holding my hand. I opened my eyes slowly and saw a crowd near our car to see if we're okay. I took a deep breath in, "That was-"

"Yeah.." She finished my sentence. We were close to work so she just tried to find a parking spot where we originally stopped. We got out and she locked the doors.