The Capture

The seas were clear. Some would say it was the calm before the storm. 

Nyx calls it the perfect time to go hunting.

They swam slowly up to the surface of the water, looking for the perfect target for the hunt. A large ship loomed in the distance, waving a pitch black flag with a snarling skull watching over all. Nyx quickly ducked down before they could be seen. Their pod was waiting for them further down, where the light doesn't touch. "There's a ship just beyond the vents, perfect for the taking."

Their pod grinned a sharp grin, predatory in nature. "Perfect."

The ship was still waiting in the same spot Nyx saw it in. The pod slowly circled the ship, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike - waiting for the crew aboard to fully relax as night fell. The setting sun cast vibrant reds and oranges upon the water where the sirens were slowly emerging. The first note cut through the lulling silence of the sea.

"Home in bed or out at night,

Don't think twice,
Just don't think twice.
Make a choice, one you won't regret.
This is your life,
This is still your life."

The ship slowly woke, relaxed at the sound of the music. They dragged themselves toward the edges of the ship to follow the sound.

"Never gone get away, never gone get away,

Never gone break their chains.
Watching me patiently, watching me patiently,
Watching me take the blame.
Never gone get away, never gone get away,
Never gone break the chains.
I'm running out of options, and they know."

The sirens began to lift themselves farther out of the water, reaching toward the pirates at the ship's edges.

"Wooahh ohhh.

I'm tired of holding on.
Wooahh ohhh.
Hear me when I say,"

The pirates leaned over the edge, reaching toward the beautiful music emitting over the calm sea.

"Don't blame it on the kids.

Don't blame it on the kids, kids.
Don't blame it on the kids, kids."

Someone ran out from the inside of the ship - just in time to see the first person jump. The sirens started to grow agitated at the human who was seemingly resisting their song.

"Say their names, we won't forget.

This is not your fight, not your fight.
You played games, but we can forgive.
Put down the knife, put down the knife."

More humans streamed from the inside of the ship, dropping nets into the slowly rocking waves. The first few sirens couldn't move in time and were captured, alerting the others as to what had happened when several voices dropped out. Desperate, the remaining sirens increased their voices as they drifted away from the ship.

"Never gone get away, never gone get away,

Never gone break their chains.
Watching me patiently, watching me patiently,
Watching me take the blame.
Never gone get away, never gone get away,
Never gone break the chains.
I'm running out of options, and they know."

Two more were captured and the sea was seemingly responding in fury as the remaining sirens went into a frenzy trying to swim away from the ship. The damage was already done though, one final net came down, capturing the last three panicking sirens. 

Nyx, incapacitated by their own net, watched in horror as the humans began to cut through their pod. Blood stained the wood faster than the rain could wash it away, lightning flashing to show scenes of horror. A howl rose up over the winds and thumps of bodies hitting the floor. 

The howl abruptly cut off in a clash of thunder.

There were many feet rushing around the ship, but all sounds of fighting had vanished. Rain poured over Nyx's face, masking their tears at the sight of their pod lying dead on the wood. A human stopped in front of Nyx, masking their view. They slowly looked up at the grinning face - still covered in the blood of the sirens - of the human responsible for their capture. "I hope you like the last sight that will ever greet your eyes."

The human raised a knife above his head, then slashed down and Nyx knew no more.

 Come out, where your pretty faces hiding.

Come out, I don't see no point in lying.No doubt, you have questions I can answer,But first come out with your hands up.Come out, where your pretty faces hiding.Come out I don't see no point in lying.No doubt, you have questions I can answer,But first come out with your hands up.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

A/N: So? What do you think? I know it's kinda short, but it's almost midnight and I just wanted to get the first chapter out before I fell asleep! Please vote, comment, and follow!