The Mirror of Erised

ALL RIGHTS GO TO J.K. ROWLING AND HER MAGICAL WORLD THAT SHE HAS CREATED.

This takes place during their fifth year at hogwarts.

Lets pretend that Ron hasn't looked into the mirror during his first year.

______________________________________________________________________________

It was a snowy winter day at hogwarts. Many students spent their Saturday outside, throwing snowballs or making snowmen. But Ron on the other hand, was in the room of requirement with the rest of Dumbledores Army, practicing defense against the dark arts since their teacher, Dolores Umbridge, was refusing to teach them. Harry was teaching the gang about how to perfectly cast a patronus charm. They were told to think of the happiest you've ever been. Ron had no problem thinking on when he was most happy. It was simple. All he had to do was think about how he felt when he would spend the long summer days playing quidditch outside with his brothers and sister. These memories were more than enough to help Ron's patronus appear. Once he said the all to famous spell, Expecto Patronum, a dog came leaping out of the tip of his wand, almost knocking over Neville.

Ron looked over and saw that Hermione had perfectly casted her patronus, which took shape as an otter. He looked on the other side of him and saw his sister Ginny, whose patronus was a horse. Soon everyone decided to call it a day and head to the great hall for dinner. Ron told both Hermione and Harry that he would meet them in the great hall. He had to go back to gryffindor tower because he had left his robe. He wouldn't have cared, but he didn't want to get into trouble with Umbridge if she saw him without it. 

With the robe now on Ron's shoulders, he decided to take a short cut to the great hall, because man was he hungry. Who knew practicing magic all day can make a person so hungry? On his way down the corridor, he noticed that a door that was normally locked, was wide open. Ron stopped walking when he saw a large mirror shining from inside the room. Curiosity got the better of him because next thing you know, he slipped into the room, making sure to close the door behind him.

Once inside the massive room, Ron noticed that the mirror was the only thing in it. That's odd, why would the mirror need this much space?

As Ron stepped closer to the mirror, he noticed that not only did he see his reflection, but he also saw Hermione's. That didn't make sense because she was already down at the great hall. Why would the mirror show something that wasn't there. As Ron looked into the mirror, he studied how happy they looked. He looked down at Hermione's hand and saw a small ring on her ring finger, almost like an engagement ring of some sort. Another weird thing is that they looked older than they do now. They looked to be in their twenties, and they were happy.

"That's the mirror of erised, its shows you what you most desire" said a familiar voice from behind Ron.

Ron turned around and saw Hermione standing in the doorway. 

"How did you know I was here?" asked Ron with a small smile.

"I saw you slip in here, and I got curious." relpied Hermione while taking another step into the room.

"So it shows me what I want the most?" asked Ron while looking back at the mirror.

Hermione just nodded and asked, "so what do you see?"

Ron didn't know what to tell her, so he just said "I see you, me, and Harry all dancing around when Umbridge is finally sacked."

Hermione just laughed and let the question go.

"Well come on, lets go eat..... I'm starving" said Hermione while beginning to walk out of the room.

Ron couldn't help but put a huge smile on his face while he followed Hermione down to the great hall where dinner awaited for them.