An Interesting Mission Start

Y/N's pov

Qrow: You can't be serious

Summer: Well why not?!

Me: It's abit... extreme for first years like us

Summer: Nonsense we can handle it, right Raven?

We looked over to Raven who was finishing up maintenance on her weapon, she didn't look to us and continued tinkering

Raven: Yeah sure

Summer: See?! Now it's 2 to 2!

Qrow: Well how do we settle it?

Me: Rock paper scissors?

They all looked over to me with a "really?" face and i shrugged.

Summer came up to Qrow with her fist held out and a smirk on her face, he sighed before sticking his own fist out.

Summer: Rock!

Qrow: Paper!

Summer/Qrow: Scissors!

The pulled their hands back before throwing them towards eachother, Summer chose scissor and Qrow... well he chose paper.

Summer chuckled before snipping her fingers together like a pair of scissors.

Timeskip

Summer: And here we go

Summer pressed a button on a panel bit something popped up making her face go blank

Summer: What...?

She pressed it again and the pop up appeared again so she pressed it and pressed it before doing it rapidly before yelling and punching the screen.

Summer pulled her hand towards her and nursed it in pain, we looked to the screen to see a pop up that said "Too dangerous for first years"

Me: I hate to say i told you so but...

?: What's going on here?

We jumped before turning around to see the headmaster with a scroll in his hand and a mug of coffee in the other.

A pop up appeared on his scroll making him look at it, his eyebrow raised before smirking

Headmaster: It appears you're trying to do a mission that's too dangerous... i could just say no but why not bend the rules in our favour

He pressed a few things on his scroll before a pop up appeared on the screen saying "mission approved".

Summer: Thank you so much headmaster!

Headmaster: Please, just call me professor Ozpin

We began walking towards the bullhead when we spotted team TGJK near one as well.

Kali spotted Raven and I so she tapped John's shoulder and jutted her thumb to us. She came towards us along with John and waved

Kali: Hey guys, how've you been?

Me: I've been fine

Raven: Good, how about you?

Kali: Oh i've been alright but i think John and Summer have been... well look

She turned us around to show John kissing Summer on the cheek making her blush with a small smile on her face. (A/N the guy who asked for me to write this also asked for this so if you don't like it then sorry).

Me: When did this happen?

Kali: No idea myself but aren't they cute?

Me: I guess

Raven: Well pushing that to the side what mission do you have?

Kali: We're shadowing a huntsman what about you?

Me: Clearing out a farm from a grimm infestation...

Timeskip

The bullhead landed and we stepped out to see woodlands, it was too dangerous for us to drop in at the farm so we were dropped about twenty miles out.

Summer sighed, not happy about the prospect of walking for over six hours straight into the middle of the night.

Qrow took a swig from his flask as the bullhead flew back up into the air and back to beacon.

Me: Well there's no point in conplaining so let's go

Summer: But i want to complain!

Raven: Complaining serves no purpose but making you look pathetic

Qrow shook his head before we began to walk forward througj the woods, it was dense but still had a path so we knew where we were going.

The sun was still in the sky but wasn't very high, more leaning towards setting then rising so we brought camping equipment with us.

An Owl hooted scaring Summer enough to make her latch on to Qrow, he tried to shake her off but she wouldn't.

I looked to Raven who looked back and raised her eye brow in confusing, i gestured to Summer who was insisting it was a Grimm in disguise.

She scoffed before wrapping her arm around mine, i settled for this and smiled as we continued walking.

Timeskip

We had gotten halfway when the moon had come out so we decided to set up camp, I managed to start up a fire and we all set up our tents.

We sat around the fire cooking some food over it, Summer tried to tell us that we might be able to bake cookies over it but we insisted that she couldn't.

A breeze blew by naking Raven shiver so i took off my jacket and offered it to her, she shook her head and wrapped her arms around herself while bouncing her knees to keep blood flowing.

Summer and Qrow eventually went into their tents to sleep leaving me and Raven sitting next to the dying fire.

Me: I'm gonna go get some more wood

Raven: Alright

Getting up i placed me jacket on Raven, she went to take it off but i kissed her, effectively stopping her.

Going into the woods i stepped around careful and absent mindedly picked up some sticks.

I heared a twig snap and i froze, reaching for my gun i realised that i left it in by the campsite.

I turned my head to see two piercing red eyes in the darkness, thinking it was a Grimm i focused on my breathing to deter any negative emotions.

The eyes came closer as i slowly backed away, i couldn't see much but from what i could tell it was walking on two legs and had a humanoid figure.

?: My my, aren't you a brave one?

Did... did it just talk?

Grimm: What's the matter, cat got your tounge?

Me: Uhh N-No... i'm just confused at-at how a Grimm is talking

The grimm giggled making it sound more feminine than it already did.

Grimm: I suppose you can call me a Grimm

She came close to me and placed her hand against my cheek before sttoking it tenderly.

Grimm: But you can call me Salem~

(Lemme know what you think)