Chapter 1

"Hannah, Haley, Kayla, Rain, Sara, Scarlet, Tessa...". Miss. Maple yelled taking attendance to make sure no one had run away, and to fill out paperwork like she does every morning. Only one girl has ever ran away. She was 16. Her and her online boyfriend, who was about 19, skipped town. They stayed missing for about seven days until her online boyfriend was caught trying to check into a hotel room with his debit card, he was arrested for kidnap but later sent out on bail because she told people she willingly went. I honestly don't blame her for leaving, this place is just so boring and miserable. I guess it could be worse though. I've heard of a lot of bad things happening to kids in the orphanage system, just last week there was a story about a young girls dad kidnapping her, she still hasn't been found/

     I don't understand why kids here try to make friends, it's not like they are going to be able to be friends forever. When they get adopted they just get pulled apart and then, if they don't get adopted by 18, Mrs. Maple, or another one of the shitty workers, kick them out like they are a piece of meat. I've seen it happen to one of my best friends, also the only person I trusted in the house. They just told her to pack her bags because her 18th Birthday was the next day. She was an older girl, oldest of the house at the time. Long blue hair, always wore pastel colors, thick frame glasses with braces didn't even touch her perfect smile and bright shining eyes. She was almost perfect. Her name was Kam.

"Hannah you already had yours, Haley you don't have an interview, Kayla no, Rain yes today at 2 PM, Sara no, Scarlet yes get ready because yours is in 20 minutes" Miss. Maple said in a stern voice until she got to my name then her tone changed to a sing-song voice. 

      She's always seemed to like me, even when she tore my best friend away from me, she's always liked me. I hated her, not only for that but because she always thought she was everything, she didn't do a very good job at taking care of us. But like I said, it could be worse. To be completely honest I was nervous. I always am when I have interviews. I don't have many though. I think the last interview I had was right before Kam left, two ladies looking to adopt a kid around my age. They chose another girl. One more girly than I am.

       I ran upstairs to room number 15, the room I shared with three other girls. I decided to get dressed in the blackest thing possible, if they were going to adopt me, they are going to adopt me for me. I brushed my hair out, making my brown hair do the fringe just above where my emo makeup started, I lined my eyes with the usual black rimmed emo eyeliner over my pale complexion. I swear I'm so pale that even the lightest foundation doesn't match my skin. I slid on my black skinny jeans that were almost too small now, and a black hoodie hiding my Blood on the Dance Floor shirt, I really don't want anyone around here looking them up. I threw on my black vans with the pink rem at the bottom and 5 bracelets on each wrist, they basically consisted of Black Veil Brides, Sleeping With Sirens, and different bands that I loved. They also did a good job in covering the cuts and scars I had from many years of self-harm and mental problems. Then I headed downstairs to see what fate awaits.