[KOOK] The Decision

🐰
CHAPTER 32
🌟 JULY 15, 2018 🌟

"She's been stressed the past few days, combined with the fatigue and anxiety she felt in the recent situation, her body needs rest that's why she still hasn't woken up," the doctor explained to YG and Teddy who were behind him.

He stayed focused on Lisa's sleeping face, not letting go of her hand since they allowed him to come inside the room last night - he didn't even sleep. There's only the five of them inside. While his Hyungs went home to talk with BangPD and the authorities, Lisa's unnies went back to their dorm too to pack some clothes and essentials for her.

He can still feel the hard slap Jennie gave him, her hysterical voice ringing inside his head; "you said you won't let anything happen to her! You said you would protect her!"

His eyes closed as his chest constricted in pain. It was his fault. She successfully and calmly talked with the boy, but because of his panic he hadn't been able to control himself and insisted to go up the building.

"Good thing you've already anticipated it and prepared a rescue team, or else..."

He refused to listen to the doctor's words, his hands shaking a bit. He can't help but remember the terror that filled Lisa's expression when she was pushed back, and the hand which desperately reached out to him that he failed to hold.

How can he let that happen?

What if she really--

"Don't blame yourself," a voice resounded behind him as a warm hand tapped his shoulder. "Like the doctor said, we already expected this. Yeah, we wished it won't happen but the moment the sasaeng told Liz the place where they should meet, we already knew this could happen," Teddy added, gazing at the girl lying on the bed.

"It should've had happened to me instead," he mumbled.

Teddy smiled, "Lisa won't let that happen, I bet. Kid, you love each other but it's time for you to decide."

Jungkook was about to respond when the door was loudly pushed open and hurried footsteps caught their attention. Seeing the pair, he immediately stood up and bowed before walking to the side.

"My daughter, what happened to you?" Lisa's mom said in Thai, her face full of tears as her hand shakingly touched her child's face. "Why didn't you tell Mom?"

He looked away, even though he can't understand her words, he can still feel the pain behind it - making him feel worse. He decided to go out and just sit down the bench across the room's door, ignoring the knowing and surprised looks he got from people.

He knew YG would take care of it.

The door opened again but he refused to look up, feeling shameful. The seat moved a bit as a figure sat down beside him. "So you're Jungkook, my daughter talks about you," a comforting voice started. He silently thanked his RM-hyung for patiently teaching him English.

He stood up and deeply bowed, "it's nice meeting you Sir," he replied in English.

"It's nice meeting you too," the man sincerely smiled. "Sit back down, Jungkook," he nodded at his former place. "Lisa won't shut up about you that I feel like I already know you," he laughingly started after he sat down again. "She really likes you, do you feel the same?"

"Yes sir," he responded with no hesitation.

Lisa's dad nodded, "that's great, then you can wait for her."

His eyes momentarily widened before he eventually understood his words. "I will, no matter how long," he then added with finality.

The man reached out and held his shoulder, "you make my daughter happy and that reason is enough for me already to accept you, but we both know this isn't the right time for you two. All you can do now is wait. There's no point in fighting this time, the result will always be the same in the end. I trust you Jungkook."

"Thank you Sir, I won't let this happen ever again."

"No, thank you, for understanding me and loving my child."

🐰

Jungkook watched as Lisa gradually opened her eyes. She already woke up a few hours ago but he wasn't there, he decided to give the time to her parents and unnies. This time, it's only the two of them inside the room.

"Hey, I was looking for you," she mumbled as she reached out and cupped his cheek.

He kissed her palm and leaned his face on her cold hand, "you should be with your family first so I decided to wait," he honestly explained.

Lisa frowned but just let it go, "okay." They gazed upon each other for minutes, just studying and memorizing each other's faces. That moment, they both knew what was about to come, causing tears to well up in the girl's eyes.

"Don't cry," he whispered, gulping down his own sadness. "I love you," he said, no other words needed.

"I love you too," she apologetically smiled, cause she can't help but let the tears fall. "I'll miss you so much," she breathed out.

"I know, just remember I'm feeling the same," he forcefully smiled back. "I'll wait, trust me I will, okay?" He asked, persistence evident in his voice.

"Okay."

"You know what love feels like now, but you're not allowed to feel it with another person but me. Okay Lisa-yah?"

She giggled, nodding, "okay."

"Wait for me too, okay?"

"Okay." She sobbed.

He cupped both her cheeks and wiped her tears, "don't cry anymore, let's be happy." He then reached down and removed one of his rings before carefully pulling her hand down his lap. He started trying the ring on each of her fingers before it finally fits on her index. "So you won't forget me," he said, smiling.

"Promise me something," she looked up.

"Anything."

"If we are at one place at the same time and coincidentally met each other, give me an hour longer to be with you."

Jungkook paused, "not here in Korea though."

She nodded, "okay, that could work. Promise me."

"I promise." Those were his last words before he stood up, left a reassuring kiss on her forehead and walked out of her room - never once coming back.

Right person, wrong time.

This is their reality.

All they could do is wait for the time to also be right and once it comes, he swore to never let go.