Ava winced and sighed, tensing as she remembered who her m other really was. She mused on what could go wrong this time. After a moment, she looked up with angry eyes, but she didn't say anything. "I think she is beginning to invade your time and distract you from your life. I think you really need to talk to her about backing off and letting you do your own thing." Her mother said.

Ava could barely contain herself, but she did. "That so, huh? She seems alright to me," She asked rhetorically. 

"Indeed. In addition, I really wish you'd talk to her about moving into that big house of her's! It's not like she's using it." Her mother continued.

"Maybe so. Or maybe I like living in an apartment. I'm not that desperate, mom. I like small places." Ava replied.

"Also... Tell her not to call here anymore! She should know you don't live here now, it's been several years and she should know. It's getting annoying. The phone bill shouldn't be so high now that you're on your own, but it is," her mother said.

"Well, I guess you won't have anything to worry about, Mom. She's dead. Killed herself. I found her," Ava said, a tear streaming down her left cheek. 

"Ava, I'm—I'm sorry," Her mother said, walking over to her and placing an arm around her in an attempt for comfort. Ava rejected the notion and shot her mother an angry look.

"Don't touch me," Ava said. "You don't give a damn — you didn't before you heard, you don't now, and I know it."

"That's not so, Ava! I would never wish something so terrible!" Her mother insisted. Ava rolled her eyes and sipped at her tea.

"I guess I really did need to talk to somebody that bad," She said under her breath. 

"Oh, so that's why you're here. You need help," Ava's mother evilly grinned and muttered.

"My best friend just died, mom, of course I need help. I'm still human," Ava replied with exasperation.

"Then why come to me? I know you don't like me-"

"I love you, mom, whatever could have given you the absurd notion that I don't?" Ava asked sarcastically.

"Well, whatever the case may be, you chose an awfully unusual time and person to talk to for working out your problems. Now, Ava, you know I love you. I'm here for you," Her mother said before being cut off by Ava again:

"Oh, yeah, I can tell from 'I know you don't like me' and 'tell her to stop'—" Ava said sharply. Her mother cut her off, this time. Just as Ava feared, they were bickering again.

"As if I knew! Ava, I know you don't understand right now," Her mother said as if she understood.

"No, mom, I understand perfectly. Life is pain. Life is a cycle, the circle of life and death and pain and suffering and all the things that make us cry, and the wheels go round and round. You can't say any different," Ava replied, raising her voice.

Moving Onजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें