lovely date

this one was requested by lukeybabe68 hope you will enjoy!

I won't be able to update till next week because I take one week of vacation in Prague but as soon as I get back I will write all my other requests 😊

You hated first dates so much. you felt so stressed before and you didn't know if it would end up in a good way. Usually it didn't end up well. Your family used to say that you were bad, really bad at picking persons to date. One of your exes, dumped you through a friend. You were supposed to meet your soon to be ex to grab a coffee together and instead of showing you saw their best friend. You frowned a bit even more when he apologized. Let just say that when he dropped the news you were so surprised that you refused at first to believe it. after that you had real difficulties to trust people again and avoided commitment. Anyway all the dates you went after that were worse and worse. For example one of your date spent the all evening speaking about their ex and how amazing they were and how you would probably never be as wonderful as them. another who knew one of your friend ended the date asking you if you could set them up with your friend. The last date you went on arrived very late, clearly tipsy and made you tons of comments about how they would make you scream their name in pleasure, you left them in the middle of the restaurant you were eating and promised that you would certainly never go on a date again. With all these catastrophic dates it was pretty easy to not start a relationship, which scared you a bit.

But here you were now standing in front of your mirror looking at the outfit you had put on and wondering if cancelling the date was not a better idea than going. However it was too late to cancel and Theseus was a great guy. You had met him at the ministry during a meeting and he immediately engaged the conversation with you. Of course you knew his reputation and all the things he had done and it surprised you that he was so nice with someone like you. it wasn't that you wasn't proud of your career because you were. you had good grades at Hogwarts and you had traveled a lot so thanks to it you were accepted in the International Magical Office of Law, and that was a great position but contrary to Theseus you weren't a war hero, the youngest head of your office... So naturally you thought that his go would be so big that he would just be as unbearable as the Malfoy heir but no he was just a kind, carrying guy. After that meeting, he had visited several times your office, something he never had done before, to ask you some precisions about some laws. It always surprised you a bit considering that he could have asked his secretary to come instead of doing it himself. You simply thought that he was the type of person who liked being in control and considered that doing the things himself were the best method to have the things properly done. Nevertheless one day he came to your office to have an information about underage magic in Peru and then he blurted out that he wanted to go on a date with you and you understood why he always came himself and never sent somebody else. That day he stared at you blankly waiting for an answer and you didn't know what to say. On one hand you were tempted to say yes because he attracted you but on the other hand you weren't ready to go on a date again. He was pacing around your office while you were thinking of your answer when he looked at you and said "Forget about it Y/N, it wasn't a good idea, I should no have ask you like that. I am sorry forget about it and have a good day." As soon as he had finished his sentence he left the room, he had tried to hide how hurt he was by your lack of answer but you saw clearly through him. you wanted to go after him and cheered him up but you didn't, still confused. You felt bad the following days, even more since the Head Auror never visited you again.

You were filling a paper your head miles away from the new international law about doxy control when you heard someone knocked at the door. you magically opened it and a little smiled grew on your face when you noticed that it was Theseus. It looked very awkward but he eventually entered in your office and closed the door. he scratched his neck and began "About last time I am sorry I should not..." You didn't let him time to continue his sentence, he had nothing to apologize for so you cut him off "You have nothing to be sorry for. You didn't treat me badly or harass me or call me a whore because I didn't say yes. Really I wish that more guys were like you." you noticed the tip of his ears turned red but he kept his usual poker face. He finally replied "Yeah but the way I ask you out wasn't really a gentleman way and I left without any further explanations, so I am sorry about it." You laughed nicely at this, no one ever apologized to you for a such reason. "Really Theseus it is okay, your reaction was totally understandable and human." He shyly smiled at you and you wondered if he would ask you a second time because that time you would make sure to say yes but he didn't. he just thanked you for your understanding and told you that he should go he still had work. The days went on and you realized that you had lost all your chances with Theseus. However this latter was full of surprises and you could never expect him to act the way you thought he would. During the Christmas Ministry party, the type of party you hated and wished you could avoid but unfortunately couldn't, as you sat awkwardly on a random chair, sipping your glass hoping that the boredom would soon be over, you felt someone sat next to you. you noticed that it was Theseus and you smiled at him. he was as bored as you and you felt relief to not be the only one to hate that party. You talked to each other during the all night and it was a not so bad party thank to that. when it was high time for you to leave he gathered his courage and asked you for the second time for a date, he didn't have put a lot of hopes considering your previous refusal but were happily surprise when you replied "I would love to."

And that is the reason why you were currently staring at your reflection in the mirror, not trying to show the nervous wreck that you were and praying Merlin that this time it would not be a nightmare. You heard the bell rang and you did your best to relax before opening the door with a huge smile. Theseus was standing there still surprised that you had accepted this date and he blushed a bit when you let him in. when he stepped in he gave you a beautiful bouquet composed of amaryllises, calla lilies, white and red carnations, gardenias, a sunflower and tulips and you wondered when he had managed to buy a such beautiful flower arrangement. You offered him something to drink before going out but he politely refused saying that you were awaited somewhere. He gave you his hand that you gladly took it. The feeling was so warm and comforting, you wished that you would never let it go. You apparated in a place you've never been before, you supposed that you were somewhere in the British countryside. You frowned a bit when you noticed an enclosure and you looked at Theseus. He smiled at you to reassure you and led you to the enclosure. He noticed that you were a bit confused and assured you that you would certainly love the surprise and he didn't want to ruin it by telling you what it was but actually he didn't want to miss the glitter of joy in your eyes and your always charming stunned smile. You followed him quietly and remarked some moving creatures away. The closer you were the bigger your smile grew even if you felt also a bit nervous. The hippogriffs were such majestic beasts, you never had the occasion to saw one that close. As you approached one Theseus told you to look at it in the eyes. When you were only few meters away he bowed to it and you did the same. You knew that they were proud creatures and you needed to show them respect. You waited a bit and the hippogriff bowed back at you. Theseus grabbed your hand and he put you on the animal. You looked at him with panic written all over your face. He sat behind you on the hippogriff and put your hands on the animal for you to hold onto it without hurting it. you felt his breath on your neck and somehow it calmed you down. He would never risk your life or his, he perfectly knew what he was doing, you just had to relax and enjoy. But when the hippogriff spread out his wings and took some steps before taking off the ground you couldn't help but tensed. the auror leaned a bit and whispered reassuring words in your ears. As you were flying you felt like you were dreaming. Nothing could compete with the sensation, you never felt so free in your life. You used to fly on your broom but you never felt like that. you took time to admire the landscapes and you wished that it would never end. After what seemed an eternity the creature landed on the ground again you pet it and bowed at it to show it how grateful you were to it. Theseus watched you closely finding absolutely adorable. when you apparated back in London you were still on cloud nine. As you entered in a small café the head auror was still astonished by your cuteness and still wondered how he get so lucky to have a date with you. as you were drinking your pumpkin juice a question was on the tip of your tongue. You eventually decided to ask the boy sipping his butterbeer. "How did you discover that place and know so much about hippogriffs? I mean you approached them so naturally!" he cracked a little smile like a little child excited to tell you a story "Actually they all belong to my mom, she breeds them so I always have been in contact with them and even if I don't love fantastic beasts as much as my little brother, I still appreciate them and spending time with them help me to calm me down after stressful days." Your mouth parted a bit in shock, that was clearly not the answer you imagined. He just loved that expression on your face and tried his best to be discreet as he admired you. when he walked you back home he hoped that you had enjoyed as much as him the time you spent together. All his doubts vanished away when you kissed his cheek in front of your door and told him "I tend to avoid dates because of past awful experiences but you showed how amazing it could be and I thank you for that, really I didn't have so much fun for a while." He refrained the smile that was threatening to cut his face in two and dared to ask "So you would be okay to go on a second date with me" You giggled at the uncertainness in his voice that made him so vulnerable and sweet at the same time "Any time Scamander".